SMUt should have won on the basis of better talent

NT80

SMU needs a win Saturday

Fraley: SMU must win today

08:03 PM CDT on Friday, September 15, 2006

SMU plays its most important football game Saturday since 1997.

In that season finale, SMU threw away a potential bowl trip with a loss to a bad TCU team. There is more at stake today, when the Mustangs face Sam Houston State at Gerald J. Ford Stadium.

Lose this one, and the program retreats so far back into the dark ages, it might never re-emerge.

Lose this one, and SMU is a crushed 0-3 team. Lose this one, and real-estate agents will start calling coach Phil Bennett.

SMU should handle Sam Houston because a Division I-A team must beat a Division I-AA team that went 3-7 last season. There are no givens for the Mustangs, though. They should have won against North Texas last weekend on the basis of better talent but were outplayed in a 24-6 loss.

This is a test for Bennett. His challenge is twofold: get the players out of the UNT-induced funk and motivate the staff to fix the offense. The season can be saved.

Here's a tip: Make the offense simpler for redshirt freshman quarterback Justin Willis and tell him to have fun. The bet is Willis will produce more than the nine points SMU has scored in two games.

E-mail gfraley@dallasnews.com

I question on what basis is SMUt considered to have better talent? My local paper has better sport's writers than the DMN, based on talent too! tongue.gif

Edited by NT80

They should have won against North Texas last weekend on the basis of better talent but were outplayed in a 24-6 loss.

This is a test for Bennett. His challenge is twofold: get the players out of the UNT-induced funk and motivate the staff to fix the offense. The season can be saved.

I do not mind being under the radar, but being spoke of in this light by idiots ticks me off.

Here's a tip: Make the offense simpler for redshirt freshman quarterback Justin Willis and tell him to have fun. The bet is Willis will produce more than the nine points SMU has scored in two games.

Not only is he the town idiot, but he is a great coach to. I am glad he knows how to make great QB's...make it easy...make it fun...what a fool.

SM-Who's offense is not that complicated in the first place from what I saw. I wonder why Fraley isn't coaching somewhere, he is such a damn genius.

SM-Who's offense is not that complicated in the first place from what I saw.  I wonder why Fraley isn't coaching somewhere, he is such a damn genius.

Because He's a NO-TALENT Hack, who knows a little about baseball and nothing else.

SMU needs a win Saturday

Fraley: SMU must win today

08:03 PM CDT on Friday, September 15, 2006

SMU plays its most important football game Saturday since 1997.

In that season finale, SMU threw away a potential bowl trip with a loss to a bad TCU team. There is more at stake today, when the Mustangs face Sam Houston State at Gerald J. Ford Stadium.

Lose this one, and the program retreats so far back into the dark ages, it might never re-emerge.

Lose this one, and SMU is a crushed 0-3 team. Lose this one, and real-estate agents will start calling coach Phil Bennett.

Well at least he is not ALL wrong.....LOL...poor SMU........hahahahahahahaha!!