The Student side looked alot greener than Alumni's

UNT_playmaker

Student Side http://www.rjy.com/unt_2006_2007/football/...0060909_444.htm

Alumni

http://www.rjy.com/unt_2006_2007/football/...0060909_454.htm

I sat on the student side and they have come in large numbers and have seemed to stay longer in the games and have more spirit....Go Job Guys....

IF we all came wearing green, it would really make a difference in the game against the opposing team.....showing that we are behind our team.

If we beat Tulsa tommorrow will will have an outstanding season, undefeated in the belt and a win over La Tech at home.. Which would be really great.

Also I think UNT is at the top 75 football programs in the nation, even though we are ranked at #90.....Big games this season, Tulsa ( big OOC game for Dickey), La Tech ( huge home OOC game), and Troy ( huge SBC game, wish was played at home).....

Also man do we need a new stadium or what...this looks like a high school stadium

http://www.rjy.com/unt_2006_2007/football/...0060909_481.htm

Fouts looks worst each and every year....I think we are completely stalled on the getting a new stadium here at UNT....To think there are 3-4 new building going up on campus this year, but still they will never break ground on our stadium....

GO MEAN GREEN BEAT THE HURRICANES, I MEAN TROPICAL DEPRESSION tongue.gif

Edited by UNT_playmaker

One of the reasons why is probably because it's easier for the students to get the new green shirts.

Plus my fellow alumni are probably too busy donating money to expect them to have anything left to purchase merchandise with

(not meant as a shot at most of you - just getting that out of the way now)

Student Side http://www.rjy.com/unt_2006_2007/football/...0060909_444.htm

Alumni

http://www.rjy.com/unt_2006_2007/football/...0060909_454.htm

I sat on the student side and they have come in large numbers and have seemed to stay longer in the games and have more spirit....Go Job Guys....

IF we all came wearing green, it would really make a difference in the game against the opposing team.....showing that we are behind our team.

If we beat Tulsa tommorrow will will have an outstanding season, undefeated in the belt and a win over La Tech at home.. Which would be really great.

Also I think UNT is at the top 75 football programs in the nation, even though we are ranked at #90.....Big games this season, Tulsa ( big OOC game for Dickey), La Tech ( huge home OOC game), and Troy ( huge SBC game, wish was played at home).....

Also man do we need a new stadium or what...this looks like a high school stadium

http://www.rjy.com/unt_2006_2007/football/...0060909_481.htm

Fouts looks worst each and every year....I think we are completely stalled on the getting a new stadium here at UNT....To think there are 3-4 new building going up on campus this year, but still they will never break ground on our stadium....

GO MEAN GREEN BEAT THE HURRICANES, I MEAN TROPICAL DEPRESSION  tongue.gif

Academic buildings come from state resources, Dorms from bonds paid for by student room charges, ....athletic facilities have to be paid for from athletic sources and donations.

Considering NT has added 12 new tennis courts , adm bldg, (a feature tennis stadium still missing to complete this facility /, , a new athletic building which is one end of a new stadium, new softball and scoccer field stadiums, new volleyball practice court, basketball practice courts, inside baseball hitting area, new offices for womens athletics at the former Liberty Christian I can really see progress the last couple of years.

Plus new field carpet, new large screen ?, new extensive electrical facilities (note a visiting team loss all electricity at half time) and NT was having to rent generators to run the lights etc. at Fouts Field,.

All of the above paid for or funded.

We have made alot of progress but there is alot that is needed. We can't make up for 20 years of athletic neglect in 5 years. Remember that alot of alumni from those last 20 years don't really feel a tie or alot of pride for NT something we hope will change as we perform better. The more alumni that start feeling pride again in this school the more facilities that will start going up. Also for the stadium don't rule out a large corporate sponsor if we keep playing well.

Edited by MeanGreenBuzz

We have made alot of progress but there is alot that is needed.  We can't make up for 20 years of athletic neglect in 5 years.  Remember that alot of alumni from those last 20 years don't really feel a tie or alot of pride for NT something we hope will change as we perform better.  The more alumni that start feeling pride again in this school the more facilities that will start going up.  Also for the stadium don't rule out a large corporate sponsor if we keep playing well.

Like Craig "Junior" Miller, he doesn't even pretend to show interest in anything NT is doing. I've even heard him say "...your North Texas..." when talking to George. Whats up with that?

Edited by Green Crazy

The picture doesn't quite tell the truth... So don't start saying alumni don't wear our colors, because there are plenty of us that were sitting on that side that were. We just don't show up as well and are not willing to throw hundreds of dollars of clothes away every time NT changes the shade of green.

Besides, New Kelly Green t-shirts $14 (student-friendly), #81 jersey (same color as uni) $45. And I'm not letting my jersey hanging in the closet on game day, no matter how many different shades of green NT tries to push.

cool.gif

The picture doesn't quite tell the truth... So don't start saying alumni don't wear our colors, because there are plenty of us that were sitting on that side that were. We just don't show up as well and are not willing to throw hundreds of dollars of clothes away every time NT changes the shade of green.

Besides, New Kelly Green t-shirts $14 (student-friendly), #81 jersey (same color as uni) $45. And I'm not letting my jersey hanging in the closet on game day, no matter how many different shades of green NT tries to push.

cool.gif

I saw lots of green in my section (section E). In fact more than I saw in the past. The student green stood out more because of the bright Kelly colors, whereas most in the alumni section wore dark green or muted green colors. Actually, I saw very few around me who weren't wearing green.

Also lots of green in lower sec. D. I think part of the problem is that there isn't any alumni stuff in the new colors (specifically t-shirts). I've been waiting for something to come out since they changed the logos.

GMG!

Guest GrayEagleOne

I'd say that most that were there in Section E were wearing green. There were a lot that bought season tickets that didn't show and would normally have worn green. I also saw some that were in white, rather than green.

I'm glad to see increased interest in attendance by the student body. I hope that they can spill over an fill both end zones because they are the life blood to the success of athletics. Keep up the good work.