What a compliment!

Guest JohnDenver

Guest JohnDenver

Re: From the Mean Green board - Enjoy !

I'm not surprised. When I went to the game down there last year, I ran into more tremendous fans than at any other away game for the last three years, with the possible exception of those at Southern Miss.

They were great to visitors! You couldn't walk ten feet without being accosted with, "Hey, come in and have a beer!" or "You guys want some brisket?" Absolutely top drawer.

And not a single negative comment or taunt, before, during or after the game. Class people all the way!!!

This was said in Tulsa's "look a-like" thread about UNT fans ...

What a great compliment.

Great to hear! I really hope our tailgating always stays positive... before the SMU game I saw a group of SMU fans standing where all Mean Green fans would have to walk by them to get in the game (student side) and they were not being classy. Dispite that most fans just walked past them and wouldn't give them the time of day. I was really impressed.

As for Tulsa I was very impressed with their fans as well. All the ones I ran into last year were good people.

Edited by MeanGreenBuzz

Guest JohnDenver

I had commented at the SMU game that NONE of their fans would come into our tailgating area and eat and drink with us. I invited almost every red shirt I saw walk past and only one family actully came in. This is in STARK constrast to the Tulsa game... their fans came in, sat down, talked shop and enjoyed the afternoon with us. I am happy it made an impression.

I had commented at the SMU game that NONE of their fans would come into our tailgating area and eat and drink with us. I invited almost every red shirt I saw walk past and only one family actully came in. This is in STARK constrast to the Tulsa game... their fans came in, sat down, talked shop and enjoyed the afternoon with us.  I am happy it made an impression.

I guess those folks up in Oklahoma do it a little differently (and more cordially) than the folks from SMU, eh?

I had commented at the SMU game that NONE of their fans would come into our tailgating area and eat and drink with us. I invited almost every red shirt I saw walk past and only one family actully came in. This is in STARK constrast to the Tulsa game... their fans came in, sat down, talked shop and enjoyed the afternoon with us.  I am happy it made an impression.

I noticed the same things with the SMU fans and had similar concerns. Over the past several years I have had a great time visiting with opposing fans at games. The Memphis fans and the Southern Miss fans at the New Orleans Bowls were outstanding, and our guests from Tulsa, Arkansas State, Louisiana, Baylor, and NMSU have always been very social.

I noticed the same things with the SMU fans and had similar concerns. Over the past several years I have had a great time visiting with opposing fans at games. The Memphis fans and the Southern Miss fans at the New Orleans Bowls were outstanding, and our guests from Tulsa, Arkansas State, Louisiana, Baylor, and NMSU have always been very social.

I've only been taunted by opponent fans at Fouts once ever....last Saturday before the game by a group of young SMUt fans by the warehouse building. I just laughed at them. What a bunch of spoiled punks. Doubt they were so cocky after the game! laugh.gif

Edited by NT80

I've only been taunted by opponent fans at Fouts once ever....last Saturday before the game by a group of young SMUt fans by the warehouse building.  I just laughed at them.  What a bunch of spoiled punks.  Doubt they were so cocky after the game!  laugh.gif

I got taunted by NMSU fans the last time we played them/beat their asses. I thought it was funny. They were like "we're going to the WAC, yall suck"

Of course I didnt know it then, but he was right. Their WAC debut was a smashing success.