Why is Troy so good this year?

UNT_playmaker

Wasnt Troy picked last to win the conference this year.... They are red hot and jumped 25 slots on the SI poll, to 77. UNT at 93 sad.gif

Didnt Troy lose all of its seniors and alot of their defensive players and if so, they are doing so well against top 10 teams...playing at their venues....

Anyone want to give their analysis, I think it is damn good coaching. They led Florida State 3-0 in the half and also 17-10 late in the 4th..... man thats impressive

I think it will be Troy and UNT for the Belt Championship.....

Edited by UNT_playmaker

Wasnt Troy picked last to win the conference this year.... They are red hot and jumped 25 slots on the SI poll, to 77. UNT at 93  sad.gif

Didnt Troy lose all of its seniors and alot of their defensive players and if so, they are doing so well against top 10 teams...playing at their venues....

Anyone want to give their analysis, I think it is damn good coaching. They led Florida State 3-0 in the half and also 17-10 late in the 4th..... man thats impressive

I think it will be Troy and UNT for the Belt Championship.....

I know half the reason is their head coach's attitude. There was article posted recently in this forum where he said basically I expect to our boys to win no matter what, they are a D1A team and can handle tough games.. He also looked forward to the games against the big boys, and their recent performance against #9 Florida leads me to believe I have zero reasons to doubt what he says. We have our work cut out for us with Troy.

Troy just confuses the hell outta me. In 04, you have them beating Marshall and Mizzou, which is great for the conference, but then lose to New Mexico State and Arkansas State. Seems to me if you're good enough to beat Mizzou then you should have no problem handling a NMSU team that finished 5-6. Then, to top it off, they lose all but one of their OOC games the following year (that being Cal Poly), and drop four in conference. Then this year they play Florida State to a dogfight finish.

Best I can tell, they are a team that gets up for the big ones, and lets the easy ones go. I don't know which way would be more frustrating: winning the big ones and then blowing up by losing easy ones, or winning all the easy ones and blowing up in the big ones.

Troy is the Belt's version of Fresno State. Plays the big time schools well, but can't win conference. It's amazing that the Bulldogs never have won the WAC, you'd think they would've, but even with all those upsets, near upsets, and top 25 rankings, they haven't.

Edited by CMJ

Troy is the Belt's version of Fresno State.  Plays the big time schools well, but can't win conference.  It's amazing that the Bulldogs never have won the WAC, you'd think they would've, but even with all those upsets, near upsets, and top 25 rankings, they haven't.

Great take on this!

Troy is the Belt's version of Fresno State.  Plays the big time schools well, but can't win conference.  It's amazing that the Bulldogs never have won the WAC, you'd think they would've, but even with all those upsets, near upsets, and top 25 rankings, they haven't.

I never knew this. I always figured the Dogs have won a couple of WAC titles.

I never knew this. I always figured the Dogs have won a couple of WAC titles.

They have the opposite problem of us. They get TOO up for the "big time" opponents, and don't have enough left for their conference games. I was at the Colesium when they scared SC(and believe me, Trojans in attendence were scared). They then lost something like 3 straight afterwards.

I think if I were betting man (which I am), I think troy hasplayed great to open the season. But they are probably pretty exhausted after there early run with some big doggs. I think FSU went into the game thinking they were up against a JV squad. Thisweek it should be different. I think Georgia Tech is going to take it to them because they wil not take them lightly and Troy's luck is going to have to run out sometime. I think the FSU game was a fluke. No way they stay within the +18 point spread they are getting.

That was a good game. I went straight from listening to the podcast of NT-SMU to watching UO. Helluva day of football.

yeah it was... got a great one coming up this saturday as well. LSU/Auburn in a top 10 matchup. TCU/Tech.

Got WV on tonight, if you havent seen them play, they are a fun team to watch, and every bit deserving of their ranking.