Even Tulsa fans think Woody should start

jimmyjames_99

Quote from a Tulsa forum:

Re: North Texas... Reply

Woody Wilson had 10 rushes for 74 yards against SMU. So one of the keys will be to keep contain when he's in the game. He was also 8/10 for 103 yards, so it appears that North Texas has found themselves a quarterback, although I still don't understand why they alternate this Phillips kid into the game.

Tulsa forum post

Dickey needs to realize what he's got and name Woody as starter. I think Woody will only get better the more snaps he takes.

Quote from a Tulsa forum:

Tulsa forum post

Dickey needs to realize what he's got and name Woody as starter. I think Woody will only get better the more snaps he takes.

By not announcing the starter or announcing Phillips the starter it keeps Tulsa from practicing one way or the other. It makes them have a mixed focus in practice this week. While I am sure their coaches are planning on Wilson being in the game they still have to anticipate Phillips or maybe even Meager coming in and spend some practice time and film time on them. Personally I think this is a good move by DD.

On kind of a side note, this is the most coaching I have seen out of DD in 4 years. In game adjustments, a true game plan that doesn't involve run the ball 21 straight times. going over and thanking the fans after the game. He really seems like a new coach (man). I have been very impressed with DD this year and I have normally not been very happy with DD even when we were winning championships. The biggest thing is the play calling hasn't been as consistant as years past. It used to be so easy to predict when he would run and when he would pass, but this last game I was caught off guard more than a few times at what he called.

By not announcing the starter or announcing Phillips the starter it keeps Tulsa from practicing one way or the other.  It makes them have a mixed focus in practice this week.  While I am sure their coaches are planning on Wilson being in the game they still have to anticipate Phillips or maybe even Meager coming in and spend some practice time and film time on them.  Personally I think this is a good move by DD.

On kind of a side note, this is the most coaching I have seen out of DD in 4 years.  In game adjustments, a true game plan that doesn't involve run the ball 21 straight times. going over and thanking the fans after the game.  He really seems like a new coach (man).  I have been very impressed with DD this year and I have normally not been very happy with DD even when we were winning championships.  The biggest thing is the play calling hasn't been as consistant as years past.  It used to be so easy to predict when he would run and when he would pass, but this last game I was caught off guard more than a few times at what he called.

A long-time friend of mine, who is a UT graduate and Horn fan, but GAVE UP watching the UT-Ohio State game to wear GREEN and cheer for the Mean Green said that he was very impressed by the play-calling overall. Everytime he thought he had a pattern picked out, the offense would prove him wrong. He didn't even grumble too much about the Thomas between the tackle calls, once it became apparent that they were setting SMU up to get Wilson or Quinn loose.

this is the most coaching I have seen out of DD in 4 years.  In game adjustments, a true game plan that doesn't involve run the ball 21 straight times. going over and thanking the fans after the game.  He really seems like a new coach (man).  I have been very impressed with DD this year and I have normally not been very happy with DD even when we were winning championships.  The biggest thing is the play calling hasn't been as consistant as years past.  It used to be so easy to predict when he would run and when he would pass, but this last game I was caught off guard more than a few times at what he called.

I also liked the play calling! Good mixture of pass and run. Have to have balance to make both work. Keep it up DD!!