Watching the reactions of the SMU fans!

tommyp

I arrived to the game about 5 minutes late so I just found the closest seat possible. It happened to be in the middle of the SMU section where all there Alumni were sitting. First of all, let me say that they were all very nice folks. But to see the disgust on there faces as we began pouding them was PRICELESS!!!!! I almost felt bad for them. One guy behind me screamed "we funnel all our money into a damn program that could'nt beat a 5A high school team". they were truly embarrassed! Each one of them kept screaming to get rid of Bennett. It really made my day! To top it off, by the 4th quarter they had all given up and were huddled up at the top of the stadium with there Blackberry's checking the UT vs OSU game scores. Boy was that funny!

I finally put up a Mean Green desktop on my PC at work (green background, white eagle... clean and simple). One of my coworkers (grad student at Cox-SMU) was out of town last week and couldn't see it all week. He came in this morning ranting and raving about how I need to take my background down and that he was embarrassed.

- PRICELESS

But to see the disgust on there faces as we began pouding them was PRICELESS!!!!! I almost felt bad for them.  One guy behind me screamed "we funnel all our money into a damn program that could'nt beat a 5A high school team".  they were truly embarrassed!  Each one of them kept screaming to get rid of Bennett.

Were any of them chanting "throw the ball"? rolleyes.gif

In fact, they were all screaming to THROW THE BALL! The only problem was, they had no confidence in the offense. They were making more jokes about SMU than the group I was with. It was very funny! Plus, when Woody came in they started saying "oh no, this guy is the one I was telling you about". "He is fast".