Thoughts From The Game

UNTLifer

1. I drove in from Houston and back home after the game. Due to breaking various traffic laws, I made it to Denton in 3 hours and it would have been quicker except for the traffic backup at the Lake Lewisville bridge. Made it home in a little over 3 hours. Wouldn't have missed this game for the world, but had my 4 year old"s first soccer game to attend in the morning.

2. Thanks to SilverEagle for the ticket. I never made it down to Section D. Sat with some old fraternity buddies and then spent the second half on that whip of a deck. It's nice to have a beer from there, but the sight lines are worthless.

3. The offensive line was, well, offensive. They need to come together and soon.

4. Thank goodness SMUt outrecruits us every year. Without those Top 100 recruits, we might have hung a "half a hundred" on them.

4. Our defense is fun to watch. The best part about them is they are so young. Our secondary really impressed me, especially in the second half after SMUt scored. The run defense concerned me early giving up 5 and 6 yards on first down, but they seem to be playing a bend, but don't break scheme.

5. The kicking game was impressive from kickoffs, to punts, to field goals/exta points. I was concerned after the UT game, but Hopovac did really well, as did Spencer.

6. I like Phillips, but Wilson gives NT another dimension. Phillips is just too immobile in the pocket, and while I admire his grit, toughness and determination, Wilson should be our man for the next three years.

7. There's not much I hate in this world, but SMUt is at the top of my list. Nothing is better than "Bayloring" them in Fouts.

8. My favorite moment was the two NT students in the parking lot with the cardboard sign. Two SMUt students exited the Port-o-lets, he unveils his "Trust Fund Babies" sign pointing at them and his friend snaps the picture. Classic.

9. My second favorite is hearing the SMUt fans describe our fans as gracious and classy. Let's not stoop to their, or any opponent's, level.

1.  I drove in from Houston and back home after the game.  Due to breaking various traffic laws, I made it to Denton in 3 hours and it would have been quicker except for the traffic backup at the Lake Lewisville bridge. 

Wow. That IS impressive. Even coming from NW Houston the best I managed was 3:15, Houston to Denton.

9.  My second favorite is hearing the SMUt fans describe our fans as gracious and classy.  Let's not stoop to their, or any opponent's, level.

Agree here 100%. I love that we have classy fans, I hope this is something that continues. It is a credit to the type of student who attends NT, which is a positive reflection of our university. I tried to say hello, or have casual conversation with every SMU fan I met. Most were very pleasant in return.