ESPN QB Ratings

chrisfisher

I was bragging to my brother, an Texas A&M fan, about our new QB, Woody Wilson. I sent him the impressive stats (190 QB rating with 81% completions!) to which he quickly replied, "why isn't he listed on ESPN D-1A QB Passing Leaders?" I had no idea, but told him probably b/c he has not started. Does anyone know for sure? Sorry if this is a newbie question.

here is a link:

ESPN QB Passing Leaders - D-1A

Edited by chrisfisher

I was bragging to my brother, an Texas A&M fan, about our new QB, Woody Wilson. I sent him the impressive stats (190 QB rating with 81% completions!) to which he quickly replied, "why isn't he listed on ESPN D-1A QB Passing Leaders?" I had no idea, but told him probably b/c he has started. Does anyone know for sure? Sorry if this is a newbie question.

here is a link:

ESPN QB Passing Leaders - D-1A

Sorry, my subheading should have read "why ISN'T Woody Wilson included?" I couldn't edit it... sorry for the confusion.

I forgot to add: if Woody was included in the ESPN national D-1A passing stats, he would be #6 in the nation based on QB Rating (190.7), and #3 in the nation for completion percentage (81.2%). Keep in mind, he garnered these stats against 2 OOC opponents: UT and SMU. I realize we are only 2 games into the season, and Woody still has alot to prove in upcoming games (starting with Tulsa!), but I can't help ignore his performance and stats.

FYI: I gathered my Woody stats from meangreensports.com.

Edited by chrisfisher

My guess is because he doesn't qualify for I-A leaders. Usually there are a number of attempts per game that one needs in order to rank at the top. If not, then every running back that completed a halfback pass would be at the top.

Those that play video games know what I'm talking about. There's nothing more annoying than looking at the stats on a video game and having a QB that has gone 5/5 be at the top.

My guess is because he doesn't qualify for I-A leaders.  Usually there are a number of attempts per game that one needs in order to rank at the top.  If not, then every running back that completed a halfback pass would be at the top.

Those that play video games know what I'm talking about.  There's nothing more annoying than looking at the stats on a video game and having a QB that has gone 5/5 be at the top.

SBG is right. After two full weeks into the season, a QB must have a certain number of attemps to qualify for a national ranking.

SBG is right. After two full weeks into the season, a QB must have a certain number of attemps to qualify for a national ranking.

Thanks for the heads up on Woody. Hopefully he will start next week and meet the these requirements. I want to see Woodrow Wilson and UNT on the ESPN ratings! Of couse, I assume he will continue his impressive performance against Tulsa... BTW, REVENGE will be delivered soon to Tulsa for last years beating, and on their home turf! Moreover, I hope we embarrass alot of other teams this year after the sorry offensive performance at UT. Everyone thinks we're a push over.. ask SMU.

Please people, in case of doubt, please reread my post. Maybe I typed it too fast for ya.

Woody is 13 of 16 for the season, the current leader leader in % is Kevin O'Connell from SDSU who has completed 12 of 14 passes.

It's not a case of quantity of attempts, Woody has been left off the leader list because they don't link passing statistics for a safety to their leaders board.

(Please notice that his name is not underlined on the roster page. This means that his stats are NOT LINKED by ESPN.

To quote the King of Swamp Castle "You stay HERE and make sure HE doesn't leave.