Woody Wilson

e-bone ver2.awesome

But before anyone gets too excited, we had better get some analysis on the reads he made. I want to know if he should have thrown the ball away instead of running for a 33 yard touchdown. How many of those 8 completions were the wrong reads? We need to know this before we decide that Woody played better than Phillips. biggrin.gif

In all seriousness, there should now be no doubt in anyone's mind that Woody Wilson is our QB. Unless he just really starts stinking the place up, he should start and stay in the game the WHOLE game. If the coaches play their cards right, he could be the man for the next 3 seasons. That's huge. But the coaches can't keep going on with this "we don't know who the starter is" or decline to comment on who will start after the game last night. Just give the kid who has shown he can do the job some confidence, for once. Let him know that you believe in him and that he is your guy. I'm sure I'll be told that I don't know what is going behind the scenes, but I don't care. DD might be telling Woody that he is the starter, but do it publicly. Let everyone know and stand behind the kid.

BTW, Woody needs a nickname, and it has to be something catchy. Woody "The Whirlwind" Wilson? "The Pres"? We need to work on this. Post suggestions.

I hope this game finally convinced the coaching staff that Woody is the man. I think that we should try and develop Meager into a backup WR as well as third team QB. Meager has good speed and good hands, and with Woody's tendency to run with the ball, Meager would make a nice third option under center. It's high time we settle the QB controversy and get down to business. Rotating quarterbacks is just not the way to go for this team. With their differing styles, it just creates too much confusion for the entire offense.

Guest JohnDenver

Look this stat:

PASSING        GP  Effic Att-Cmp-Int  Pct  Yds  TD Lng Avg/G

---------------------------------------------------------------

Phillips, Matt  3  70.40  19-8-0    42.1  64  0  33  21.3

Wilson, Woody    2  190.07   16-13-0    81.2  168  1  33  84.0

user posted image

I thought he was a JUCO transfer. If so, don't we have him for this year and next year only? Or did he go to the JUCO for only 1 year instead of 2? I'm confused. But I would LOVE to have him for 3 years.

He red shirted his Freshman year at Coffeyville...played as a red shirted Fr last year so he will have 3 years to play at NT.

Good post ebone. If one was to go by last night there is no more controversy. To answer your question I'd say "The El Presidente" made the correct reads, especially on that td run. Why? Obviously he's been given the green light by the staff that if he see's an opening, take it. And he did that with ease all night long.

One of the more impressive plays he had, to me, was the quick strike on the short post to JQ over the middle. That ball had some zing on it. It was dead on target and no one else could get it but JQ. And for me, it was the closest thing I have seen to us actually throwing a crossing route in the middle zone.

I still stand by my prediction that WW was our secret weapon for this game. According to inside sources this game has been circled by this program for over a year now. He lead us on that drive at tU and then came immediately back out and everyone quesitoned why, when it didn't make sense? It makes sense now and if true will go down as one of DD's best ploy's for attack in many moons.

Rick