The worst thing that could happen Saturday

Buford_Julep

Daniel Meager comes into the game and is greeted by a chorus of boos.

The fans need to be united behind the team and coaching staff for just a little over 3 hours. I can go 3 hours without registering my opinion. IMO booing by the home fans could have a negative effect on the team morale. It certainly won't help any, and it certainly won't change any coaching decisions.

Daniel Meager comes into the game and is greeted by a chorus of boos.

The fans need to be united behind the team and coaching staff for just a little over 3 hours. I can go 3 hours without registering my opinion. IMO booing by the home fans could have a negative effect on the team morale. It certainly won't help any, and it certainly won't change any coaching decisions.

Why in the world would that thought even cross your mind? I've never experienced NT fans do something so classless. What makes you think it would happen now? Did we boo him during our 2-9 last year? The way I see it Meager hasn't lost a game this season.

Thanks for planting the seed though.

I think the worst thing that could happen on Saturday is running out of beer on the hospitality deck. Going to need many celebratory beers.

I am sure there will be recruits present. As a matter of fact I saw some prospects in Austin Saturday - probably not any kind of an official visit.

Booing the coaches players, and officials (even if it goes against us but is obviously a good call) can not do anything to favorably impress the recruits.

Support - good turnout and cheering (another North Texas first down - is great.

I am sure there will be recruits present.  As a matter of fact I saw some prospects in Austin Saturday - probably not any kind of an official visit.

Booing the coaches players, and officials (even if it goes against us but is obviously a good call) can not do anything to favorably impress the recruits.

Support - good turnout and cheering (another North Texas first down - is great.

Booing coaches or players probably doesn't do anything to impress the recruits, but I think some good, healthy booing of officials when they make calls against North Texas is actually a positive thing.

Now, there is such as thing as going too far, but if you boo and disagree with the call, it shows that we've got engaged fans who care about how their football team plays and is measured. I seem to remember some recruits last year sitting in front of some Section E people and enjoying the cat-calling and comments.