Students Perspective

Talon90

Just curious to hear from a students perspective......is there a lot of talk about the game this Saturday? 

Is there a lot of advertisement for the game?

The student body attendance has been great the last 3 years and has seemed to grow each year.  I hope this trend continues.  biggrin.gif

From what I've seen around campus it is just another week. They have the signs out everywhere for the pep rallies at Clark park for the home games but other than that, nothing of SMU that I"ve seen as a commuter/etrans bus rider.

Signs out everywhere is a big improvement from when I was there in the late 90's. At least the students KNOW there's a game. The school can't do a whole lot to create a buzz other than let everyone know what's going on. If the students are excited about it, THAT will create the buzz.

The Talons can do a lot to talk about it in class and put up more signs etc....

Signs out everywhere is a big improvement from when I was there in the late 90's.  At least the students KNOW there's a game. The school can't do a whole lot to create a buzz other than let everyone know what's going on. If the students are excited about it, THAT will create the buzz. 

The Talons can do a lot to talk about it in class and put up more signs etc....

Well, if it was up to me, I would ask the Band (or portions of it) to have an impromptu pep rally in the middle of the campus around Wednesday or Thursday....and make sure the dance team is there. rolleyes.gif

Well, if it was up to me, I would ask the Band (or portions of it) to have an impromptu pep rally in the middle of the campus around Wednesday or Thursday....and make sure the dance team is there. rolleyes.gif

Perhaps extra credit from profs for attendance would generate some excitement.

They need to drag a freaking pony around campus and hang it from the Eagle statue.

Perhaps extra credit from profs for attendance would generate some excitement.

I also gave blood for extra credit.  One time I donated Plasma for a substantial amount of extra credit, which helped me get an A.

This seriously degrades the value of both of your diplomas. SMU profs have more focus on educating, instead of frivolous grading, and by "educating" I mean paying for good grades.

This seriously degrades the value of both of your diplomas. SMU profs have more focus on educating, instead of frivolous grading, and by "educating" I mean paying for good grades.

Are you serious? From the only university to ever be handed the death penalty for taking care of their student athletes. You are a joke coming on this board and preaching! Take a hike pal! mad.gif

Edited by DeepGreen