I've had the green kool aid

EagleD

My wife and I went to the pregame party last night (friday) at the Doubletree. As we walked in I saw what appeared to be Darrell Dickey standing in the entryway. But this man was a lot thinner. As I got closer to him I realized it was him. Man, he looks better. I shook his hand and introduced my wife. We talked for a bit and he really seems to have a different attitude. He was upbeat, funny and had a good sense of humor.

When he spoke to the crowd (btw where was the microphone?) he kept that same energetic attitude. It was a good talk. I hope that attitude is infectious and the team catches it. My favorite line from his talk was, "You know, every person on our team was told by Texas 'Your not good enough to play here.' We've prepared them on Saturday to go out and prove them wrong."

I've officially had the green kool-aid (actually it was beer), and Dickey served it up personally. Now I think we can win. We have to play lights out, but I think we can.

3 hours to kickoff. I have to tailgate now.

GO MEAN GREEN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BEAT THE HELL OUT OF TEXAS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by EagleD

My wife and I went to the pregame party last night (friday) at the Doubletree.  As we walked in I saw what appeared to be Darrell Dickey standing in the entryway.  But this man was a lot thinner.  As I got closer to him I realized it was him.  Man, he looks better.  I shook his hand and introduced my wife.  We talked for a bit  and he really seems to have a different attitude.  He was upbeat, funny and had a good sense of humor. 

When he spoke to the crowd (btw where was the microphone?) he kept that same energetic attitude.  It was a good talk.  I hope that attitude is infectious and the team catches it.  My favorite line from his talk was, "You know, every person on our team was told by Texas 'Your not good enough to play here.'  We've prepared them on Saturday to go out and prove them wrong."

I've officially had the green kool-aid (actually it was beer), and Dickey served it up personally.  Now I think we can win.  We have to play lights out, but I think we can. 

3 hours to kickoff.  I have to tailgate now. 

GO MEAN GREEN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BEAT THE HELL OUT OF TEXAS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Part of what is making DD happy these days is not only is his team stacked with talented freshman redshirts and sophomore, but the incoming freshman class looks like the best in a while, if ever under Dickey. He knows that if he can do ok this year, then he will starting on another Sun Belt winning streak by next year.

Island Eagle,

After recruiting season, I read another NT board that called this the worst recruiting class ever (of course, that board was negative about everything). I have not been to any of the fall practices and (as most who comment without seeing) really am not qualified to assess talent anyway. On what do you base your assessment?

Island Eagle,

After recruiting season, I read another NT board that called this the worst recruiting class ever (of course, that board was negative about everything). I have not been to any of the fall practices and (as most who comment without seeing) really am not qualified to assess talent anyway. On what do you base your assessment?

First, understand the "other" board. Everything with the words North and Texas attached to it are automatically doomed in their mind. The board administrator carries a grudge against RV and the athletic department.

Island Eagle,

I haven't made it to the practices either, but I have talked to two fans who have, including one who had the opportunity to ask the staff about this class. What I have been told is that there isn't a "bust" in the class and all look like they will be real players. Add that to the fact that we already have 23 freshmen and sophomores in the 2-deep and you have to feel a little optimistic about the future.