Lets talk fantasy football

MeanGreenBuzz

He has very little fantasy value right now except in the deepest of leagues and then only to the owner of Willie Parker. If Cobbs manages to become the #2 back then his fantasy value will go up a little, but again, mostly to owners of Parker. Now if Cobbs becomes the #2 and Parker gets hurt, he would be a great pickup for as long as Parker is out.

I'm not and havn't been 100% sold on Parker. I am hoping my feeling is right and they end up splitting the touches 60-40 or possibly even 70-30. The Steelers like to grind out a game after they get a lead and I'm not sure Parker is the guy to do that for a whole season and we know Cobbs can handle the grind after playing here. smile.gif

Willie Parker Stats:

Career Stats

Career Stats Receiving

Season Team G - Rec - Yds - Y/G - Avg - Lng - TD

2004 Pittsburgh 08 - 03 - 016 - 2.0 - 5.3 - 12 - 0

2005 Pittsburgh 15 - 18 - 218 - 14.5 - 12.1 - 48 - 1

Last updated through games completed on Feb 12, 2006

---Hope this posts ok...The item to note is very few pass receptions by Parker... I expect Patrick to be the third down back when there is more than short yardage.... he has proven able to catch and to pass block as well.

Edited by SCREAMING EAGLE-66

Willie Parker Stats:

Career Stats

Career Stats  Receiving 

Season Team      G  -    Rec  -  Yds  -    Y/G  -  Avg  -  Lng  -  TD

2004 Pittsburgh    08    -    03  -    016  -    2.0  -    5.3  -    12  -    0     

2005 Pittsburgh    15    -    18  -      218 -  14.5  -  12.1  -    48  -    1   

Last updated through games completed on Feb 12, 2006

---Hope this posts ok...The item to note is very few pass receptions by Parker... I expect Patrick to be the third down back when there is more than short yardage.... he has proven able to catch and to pass block as well.

Problem is, the Steelers 3rd down back is Verron Haynes.