NT alive in East Tx

Ken14

Was walking in to Applebee's in Palestine last night...as I walked in (wearing a NT t-shirt)...there were 3 ladies at a table...one spoke up and said "hey GO MEAN GREEN...Beat Texas..". I extended the "Claw" to them....and as surprising to me I got a Claw in return from all 3 !!

Dangit...we just need some exposure......

SAW EM OFF!!!!

Was walking in to Applebee's in Palestine last night...as I walked in (wearing a NT t-shirt)...there were 3 ladies at a table...one spoke up and said "hey GO MEAN GREEN...Beat Texas..". I extended the "Claw" to them....and as surprising to me I got a Claw in return from all 3 !!

Dangit...we just need some exposure......

SAW EM OFF!!!!

Ken14, it does warm the soul to see UNT gear worn in the uttermost parts of the great and almighty sovereign state of Texas. With the number of NT Exes we have (and growing very rapidly) those opportunities to see such gear will happen even moreso for us all.

As most of you know, just simply wearing a UNT or Mean Green T-shirt, baseball cap, etc, etc, etc, will be noticed by Texas HS kids, too. Few days ago, I posted about a Weatherford College (a JUCO) student I saw several nights ago at the local Wal Mart who saw my MG T-shirt and then for the next 45 minutes (hope I didn't get the "future" UNT student fired) we talk about (who the hell else) the University of North Texas. smile.gif

Other another front, Ken14, have you ever been out to the old cemetary near Elkart, Texas, (which is basically a suburb of Palestine)? There is a replica of the first Baptist church established in pre-Republic of Texas in that cemetary with a Texas historical marker adjacent to it and many of my folks from the Cynthia Ann Parker/Fort Parker Massacre story are buried in that Elkart, Texas, cemetary. Just curious...

GMG

Repeating what I have said before:

---The best thing that has ever happened to North Texas was the break-up of the SWC. Before then if a college wasn't in the SWC it rated right below dirt in Texas. Now there are several known schools not in the THE conference. Winning a lot of games, some Bowl trips, and taking out TxTech and Baylor helped as well. It got us some needed attention (especially from their followers) therefore more media time and space. People actually know where NT is nowdays unlike the old I-AA days that we were forced to endure when we were "nearly invisible" to most people.