Braggin rights...

andrewrozell

I believe our logistics team won some type of national debate either last year or 2 years ago.

Nationally ranked and recognized as one of the top 20 programs in the nation according to industry reviews, and the quickest rising. The logistics team won the national championship in 2005, the 3rd title in the past 6 years. One of the most underrated programs at UNT in my opinion.

I am not questioning the graduate program, but the undergraduate technical writing course I took as an undergradute could have been the worst course I ever took at UNT.

My most memeorable moment was when the instructor taught us that technical documents are always written in first person.  Several engineers in the class just kind of stared at her blankly.

You probably just had some TA teaching the course. Technical writing should always be written in second person. The graduate program at North Texas has a 99% job placement record. In addition, it provides students with the opportunity to work with real-life clients, such as major construction firms, non-profit organizations, and other business contacts.

You can tell him that something he will really appreciate is that alum Larry McMurty co-wrote the screen adaptation of Brokeback Mountain. And if he turns out to not be gay then you can tell him that we have two Miss America's as alumni.

---McMurtry is better known for the books (and Movies) "Lonesome Dove", "Last Picture Show", "Texasville", and "Terms of Endearment. than the above movie. Any famous writers from Baylor???

---Our alums have won more Grammys than any university including Jullaird. We have dozens of successful professional musicians and a lot of them were not even music majors.

---We have many Miss Texas's and a couple Miss Americas... Baylor might have a Miss Texas or two but not very many, and no Miss Americas.

---Our Comp-sci program was the first (or in the first group) of accredited programs in America... when did they began a comp-sci program?

---We have exactly the same number of NFL hall of Fame players (1) as they do but ours was voted in first.

-- A lot of accounting grads (from other colleges) come to UNT for a CPA prep program. One of my cousin's husband did, then passed. Outstanding business department at UNT.

---When did Baylor first integrate and allow minorities to attend ? I believe WE did "the Christian thing" and allowed blacks to enter more than 10 years before they did.

---And one last shot I notice they open their season on this coming Sunday...what happened to the old Baptist belief of "keeping Sundays Holy". Could it be money or greed from TV money??? I once had a Baptist Deacon take "a cheap shot" at me because I worked once a Month on Sunday when I was in college... (to pay for my education) ...jerk.... he was shopping on Sunday and even eating out after church... what is the difference?... it was his type that kept us open and caused restaurant people to work on Sunday.....then he thinks WE are the heathens..

This is a very short list of how we are better than "those guys".

FINALLY: If the number of championship a university has won defines how good a university is then the University of Miami must be a lot better than Yale, Harvard, or MIT......... and it is obvious than Texas is far superior to Baylor by that measure.

Edited by SCREAMING EAGLE-66

You probably just had some TA teaching the course. Technical writing should always be written in second person. The graduate program at North Texas has a 99% job placement record. In addition, it provides students with the opportunity to work with real-life clients, such as major construction firms, non-profit organizations, and other business contacts.

How many graduates are there a semester for Tech Writing?