Herbstreet's Comments

RETSO

Did anyone else catch Kirk Herbstreet's comments about UNT on ESPN's college football preview show. I quote "Texas playing North Texas is worse than Texas scrimmaging themselves" Corso and May chuckled at us. I hope we keep UT under 60 and we at least get 7.

I saw that as well. It made me mad, but we've got to prove him wrong. It's been some time since we were even respectable to Texas in a game ('92). We've gotta do something on the field (they'll never mention that NO ONE was close to Texas last year except OSU and USC). All their games but those two were worse than scrimmages!

It shows how little respect media has for us in OOC games. Can you blame them based on our OOC record the past several years? The only way to change their perception is to win some of these "underdog" games. Until we take seriously games against other conferences we'll only be king of the kiddie pool, and now not even that. sad.gif

It shows how little respect media has for us in OOC games.  Can you blame them based on our OOC record the past several years?  The only way to change their perception is to win some of these "underdog" games.  Until we take seriously games against other conferences we'll only be king of the kiddie pool, and now not even that.  sad.gif

When was the last time, and i mean SERIOUSLY has UNT caused an upset in football.

The only one that comes to mind is the MUTS (5-0) UNT (0-5) game, and besides that one when was the last time we beat a BIG TEAM

When was the last time, and i mean SERIOUSLY has UNT caused an upset in football.

The only one that comes to mind is the MUTS (5-0) UNT (0-5) game, and besides that one when was the last time we beat a BIG TEAM

Texas Tech... Twice in Lubbock. That was the last time, and that's been, what 6, 7 years ago now. Nothing recently.

Herbstreet can choke on a Big 10 watermelon. He is so biased to the BCS it is unreal. If it were up to him there would be 6 conf. and they would play the top 2 of each.

He is such an Ohio State , Big 10 homer! I would put no credibility into what he is saying. He is just playing up to the hype of UT/OSU in a couple of weeks.

Just remember UNT is up and coming and will in time get better every year. Hey we play the National Champs every year. Our guys always strap it on and I am damn proud of what they have accomplished year after year. (lets put last year behind us)!

He is such an Ohio State , Big 10 homer! I would put no credibility into what he is saying. He is just playing up to the hype of UT/OSU in a couple of weeks.

well, OSU's defense is going to have a little work to do themselves in their opener. NIU has a pretty good offensive attack and Garrett Wolfe is a stud. Replacing the back 7 is never easy, no matter who you are, and replacing one of the best LB cores college football has seen in a long time wont be easy either.