someone predicts us

bigrobdsp

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/preview06/ne...tory?id=2560901

Tostitos Fiesta Bowl

Jan. 1, 8:30 p.m. ET, FOX Texas vs. TCU BCS vs. BCS

Rarely would any network that televises said bowl encourage 2 schools from the same state to play each other. Seems the TV folks prefer to match a U.S region versus another U.S. region which would only makes sense (and cents) when it comes to getting those all important Nielsen ratings (which helps them get TV sponsors for the next year).

Of course, there could and would be exceptions due to conference finishes; like if in a particular season UNT won the SBC and SMU, UTEP or Rice finished whatever they would have to finish in the CUSA standings to get to the Big Easy, but (traditionally) networks would prefer to not have such an intra-state matchup.

Guest Aquila_Viridis

False alarm......I thought someone had picked us to defeat Texas...... What was I thinking????

I predict the Mean Green to win. Why predict anything else? The longhorn buggers will be so mesmerized by their lit up jumbotron that our boys will lay the smack down on them.