North Texas vs. Texas

Nt4Life!

What I dont about this game is Texas plays Ohio State the week after us, which is going to be a huge game for both teams. That means Texas is going to score and never stop to get ready for their big game against Ohio State.

To make things worse, we all know they are breaking in new q.b.'s. I see the 43 point spread being covered easy, especially with a strong defense Texas has.

I still try to optimistic but it doesnt look good especially with our unproven offense and defense.

We can always hope... without hope, we have nothing. That big upset will come.... someday, I hope. wink.gif

Hell yeah! I can see the headlines on ESPN now "National Championship repeat dreams shattered by North Texas: Jamario Thomas turns heads as he shows that his freshman preformance leading the nation is rushing was no flash in the pan, while Graves, Chapman and the rest of the defense put the Mean back into the Mean Green"

GMG!

Hell yeah!  I can see the headlines on ESPN now "National Championship repeat dreams shattered by North Texas: Jamario Thomas turns heads as he shows that his freshman preformance leading the nation is rushing was no flash in the pan, while Graves, Chapman and the rest of the defense put the Mean back into the Mean Green"

GMG!

And that would be the longest headline in the history of ESPN! laugh.gif

Hope you are right, but I think this will be a disaster. Our offense is, well, offensive (from what I can tell by reading about the practices) and is guaranteed to turn the ball over a couple times which translates to quick scores for the bad guys. At least our defense will get to rest. Chizik is going to have his guys blitzing from every angle- hope we got that screen pass down- so the run game will flounder without a passing attack. And by flounder, I mean "be non-existent".

I hope I am wrong, as I bought 4 tix, and will be dragging family and friends along (support group). I want to see some WW in there running around. Anything that adds another dimension to our offensive attack.

When its all said and done, at least I'll get to see the unveiling of most ridiculous scoreboard ever! So thats something. rolleyes.gif

I see the 43 point spread being covered easy, especially with a strong defense Texas has.

Our defense should be strong but we have to replace leaders such as Michael Huff and Aaron Harris. That will not be easy. That 43 point spread is ridiculous considering our QB situation. We may beat you by double digits but it won't be 43 points.

Considering this will be the debut of a new Texas QB, I'd go directly after him and try to rattle him. Throw the sink at him with blitzes.

A very good idea considering that before Vince Young, Greg Davis' offenses struggled against blitzing teams.

Our defense should be strong but we have to replace leaders such as Michael Huff and Aaron Harris. That will not be easy. That 43 point spread is ridiculous considering our QB situation. We may beat you by double digits but it won't be 43 points.

A very good idea considering that before Vince Young, Greg Davis' offenses struggled against blitzing teams.

Watch the fun when they turn Jamaal Charles loose. wink.gif

Our defense should be strong but we have to replace leaders such as Michael Huff and Aaron Harris. That will not be easy. That 43 point spread is ridiculous considering our QB situation.

Totally agree. Unfortunately there are a lot of horns that believe otherwise, and I think there will be a rude awakening the following Sunday, and much wringing of hands and gnashing of teeth.

Totally agree.  Unfortunately there are a lot of horns that believe otherwise, and I think there will be a rude awakening the following Sunday, and much wringing of hands and gnashing of teeth.

My fear for the horns (ok, hope actually, who am I kidding) is that they won't learn much about themselves playing NT and the change in speed and intensity when OSU comes to town to will shock them. They may get down in that game and not be able to recover.

My fear for the horns (ok, hope actually, who am I kidding) is that they won't learn much about themselves playing NT and the change in speed and intensity when OSU comes to town to will shock them.  They may get down in that game and not be able to recover.

---Why do you like a "damn Yankee" team over a homestate Texas team? Beside Ohio State has a history of all sorts of athletic problems including academic cheating (tutors writing papers and other things for years). Even years ago, good old Woody Hayes was a complete embarassment to coaches in general with all his antics including hitting opposing players and grabbing yard markers and throwing them onto the field,usually in the direction of the refs.. Had he been an NFL coach he would have fined severely ans suspended. Maurice was a fine example of an alum there, a total idiot and outlaw..

---I haven't noticed OSU being willing to play us either. What have they done for us...nothing. At least D.Royal was a big supporter of us being admitted to the SWC along with Broyles of Arkansas. Unfortunately it did not happen due to SMU's efforts to be the metroplex's team.

---Maybe you don't like the fact that UT wins but they have done it without being constantly reviewed for cheating or some other scandal or recruiting outlaws. They have done nothing to us other than defeat us. Even the high score against us was not the result of their keeping their first team in until the end as Nebraska always did to lesser opponents until a few years ago.. They had earned and deserved the 10-70 loss that Tech gave to them.

--I do not care for SMU but there are lots of reasons...they have tried to harm US every way possible and have no respect for us or anyone else and have a history of thinking that rules do not apply to them. UT doesn't have that type of history.

Edited by SCREAMING EAGLE-66

I don't particularly care for Texas for two reasons. One, sheer and outright jealousy for the program. I wish we are where they are, and having that good of a school makes us look all the more dim by comparison. Two, with the notable exception of LongJim, RC Horn, and a few others, I have been just disgusted by the cocky disdain that the vast majority of Longhorn fans throw at my university and at college football in general. While I may have nothing against their program or their team, the experience I have had with UT Football has been through their fans, bandwagoners especially.

---Why do you like a "damn Yankee" team over a homestate Texas team?  Beside Ohio State has a history of all sorts of athletic problems including academic cheating (tutors writing papers and other things for years).  Even years ago, good old Woody Hayes was a complete embarassment to coaches in general with all his antics including hitting opposing players and grabbing yard markers and throwing them onto the field,usually in the direction of the refs..  Had he been an NFL coach he would have fined severely ans suspended.  Maurice was a fine example of an alum there, a total idiot and outlaw..

---I haven't noticed OSU being willing to play us either.  What have they done for us...nothing.  At least D.Royal was a big supporter of us being admitted to the SWC along with Broyles of Arkansas.  Unfortunately it did not happen due to SMU's efforts to be the metroplex's team.

---Maybe you don't like the fact that UT wins but they have done it without being constantly reviewed for cheating or some other scandal or recruiting outlaws. They have done nothing to us other than defeat us.  Even the high score against us was not the result of their keeping their first team in until the end as Nebraska always did to lesser opponents until a few years ago.. They had earned and deserved the 10-70 loss that Tech gave to them.

--I do not care for SMU but there are lots of reasons...they have tried to harm US every way possible and have no respect for us or anyone else and have a history of thinking that rules do not apply to them.  UT doesn't have that type of history.

Uh oh....looks like I've hit the "anti-texan" button again.

Ok, for all of you can't understand it...I don't like UT. I don't have a myriad of great reasons for it. I hope they lose about 3 games this year. Not all of them, just enough to keep them from sniffing a national title. Period.

I have been just disgusted by the cocky disdain that the vast majority of Longhorn fans throw at my university and at college football in general.

While I may have nothing against their program or their team, the experience I have had with UT Football has been through their fans, bandwagoners especially.

Yeah, and that's unfortunate, because everybody always remembers their experience with a nitwit, and it usually lingers long after a good experience with a Horn fan.

I'd wager most of these fools are <25 years old, as well. biggrin.gif

Ok, for all of you can't understand it...I don't like UT.  I don't have a myriad of great reasons for it.  I hope they lose about 3 games this year.  Not all of them, just enough to keep them from sniffing a national title.  Period.

Blast you, Emmitt! tongue.gif

I will accept 2-9 from UT this year, as long as they beat tOSU and the dirt burglars.

My take on the game is that Texas will come out and play basic power football. I don't think they want to leave too much on tape for OSU. Therefore, if our D can make a few stops we will look respectable and the score will not be ridiculous. They will want the new QB to build confidence in himself and want the team to gel with him at the helm. The will also want the second QB to get some PT, maybe a quarter. Mack will open the playbook in the OSU prep week. I think we have an opportunity to raise some eyebrows if we walk in there and play balls-to-the-wall for four quarters. If we lay down like two years ago (least competitive gave I have ever seen UNT play), I will be seriously depressed, nay, pissed off.

I am predicting that this year's team will come to play and give a good account of themselves, including putting a few points on the board against a monster defense. I have put my money where my mouth is, with two tickets and two nights in Austin. GO MEAN GREEN!

My take on the game is that Texas will come out and play basic power football.  I don't think they want to leave too much on tape for OSU.  Therefore, if our D can make a few stops we will look respectable and the score will not be ridiculous.  They will want the new QB to build confidence in himself and want the team to gel with him at the helm.  The will also want the second QB to get some PT, maybe a quarter. Mack will open the playbook in the OSU prep week. 

Totally agree. I also believe that UT will try some weird plays/formations that force tOSU to prepare for them--even if they don't use them against the Buckeyes--so hopefully that won't be too shocking to the MG.