Quinn seeks to leave a lasting legacy

MeanGreen61

Quinn seeks to leave lasting legacy

Wide receiver among greatest in school history

Shawn Edwards

In the past three seasons, NT has seen its share of close games, dominating games and games in which they were dominated. The one thing that has remained constant throughout each grueling season has been the play of wide receiver Johnny Quinn.

user posted image

http://media.www.ntdaily.com/media/storage...gepublisher.com

I've never seen a WR at North Texas take such a leadership role. Johnny is amazing.....and as a receiver "money-in-the-Bank". Here are some of my other "money-in-the-Bank" receivers.

Marcus Camper WR/Kick Returner

John Love WR/Kick Returner

Louis Silva TE

Clayton George WR

Pete Harvey WR

Charles Murry WR

Barry Moore WR

Ron Shanklin WR

David Brown WR/Kick Returner

Edited by SilverEagle

Guest GrayEagleOne

I've seen our best since World War II an Quinn is at or near the top of the list of receivers. Silver had a great list of our best and Marvin Walker of Garland and J.T. Hollins of McKinney might be worthwhile additions. Another two, Ray Renfro and J.T. Smith, were all-pro receivers who played running back and defensive back, respectively, at North Texas.

What I like about Johnny Quinn most has been his work ethic. He was a good receiver in high school and made himself into a great receiver in college. The receivers on Silver's list and my additions all benefitted from a more pass-oriented offense; Quinn has not had that luxury. He has made do in his limited chances.

In fact, I think that I just talked myself into making him our best of all time.

The receivers on Silver's list and my additions all benefitted from a more pass-oriented offense; Quinn has not had that luxury.  He has made do in his limited chances. 

That pretty much sums it up right there. I have often wondered why the guy has never been utilized in such a way as Mills was used by Tulsa last year. It seems simple to me that you take your best set of hands that also happens to have the best brain, quickest feet and stongest legs connected to it and get him the ball?

Rick