Son of Worm

meangreenfreak

I know..I know...

This is an age old discussion.....but I have to ask.

When we first rolled out the new marketing logo's I was lukewarm about them. However, SOW has really grown on me. I think I like it.

There are a couple of things I don't understand about it.

1. Why is it not on the 50 yardline at Fouts?

2. Why is it not on our helmets (rather than the "give-up" of Noth Texas in our new font.)

3. Why can I not buy a chrome SOW for my car?

4. Why do we insist on using the new font on everything rather than our SOW symbol. People will never associate it Noth Texas if we don't use it. - I know, we use the SOW with North Texas attached to it, but IMHO that looks "cheesier than just the SOW.

I think the new SOW has some staying power if we will just use it.

Thoughts, comments?

I'm not marketing guru, but I do spend a lot of money on useless crap.

I think "time" is the best answer I can come up with. Takes time to roll all this stuff out.

Other than that, I dont know.

I do know many people that would love to have a chrome Eagle emblem on their vehicle. Id like to see it on all the things you listed.

I think these logos definately have staying power. They look great, and the Kelley green really looks nice. Hopefully we will see more of it, soon!

Edited by Eagle1855

I agree.  SOW needs to be more visible.  Obviously, the green SOW would look better, but I don't know what color the helmets will be this year.

That is a great looking helmet. It looks like a classic college helmet. Even though we know it is a new logo, it looks like it has been around forever. People just being exposed to NT would have no idea that SOW hasn't been around but a year.

I dont buy anything without the new logo. I have the green had with white eagle logo and it been one of my favorites of all time. Folks think I am a Philly fan and then I get to educate them about the Mean Green. I have a green and white football with the loga and new script on it. My son took it to the Cook out and got signitures all over it. He was thrilled. I also have a new battle flag, green with white logo and white script University of North Texas.

It also looks good on NCAA football 07.

So it is getting out there and I personally like it.

I know..I know...

When we first rolled out the new marketing logo's I was lukewarm about them.  However, SOW has really grown on me.  I think I like it.

1.  Why is it not on the 50 yardline at Fouts?

2.  Why is it not on our helmets (rather than the "give-up" of Noth Texas in our    new font.)

3.  Why can I not buy a chrome SOW for my car?

4.  Why do we insist on using the new font on everything rather than our SOW symbol.  People will never associate it Noth Texas if we don't use it. - I know, we use the SOW with North Texas attached to it, but IMHO that looks "cheesier than just the SOW.

Thoughts, comments?

Great question Freak!

All I can add at this time is that the SOW will be on Boomer's new addition this fall.

Rick

I know..I know...

When we first rolled out the new marketing logo's I was lukewarm about them.  However, SOW has really grown on me.  I think I like it.

1.  Why is it not on the 50 yardline at Fouts?

2.  Why is it not on our helmets (rather than the "give-up" of Noth Texas in our     new font.)

3.  Why can I not buy a chrome SOW for my car?

4.  Why do we insist on using the new font on everything rather than our SOW symbol.  People will never associate it Noth Texas if we don't use it. - I know, we use the SOW with North Texas attached to it, but IMHO that looks "cheesier than just the SOW.

Thoughts, comments?

You're kidding right? I'm seeing it used everywhere. I have really grown to like SOW, and judging by the amount of differnt designs I've seen at Lids...this logo could really take off and fly (no pun intended)

but to answer you specific questions...

1. Why is it not on the 50 yardline at Fouts?--

Im not sure but I'm guessing it's due to what most things come down to when tight budgets are involved....Money. Im sure it was a cost saving measure when they installed the new turf. Remember with field turf the logos, wording, yard lines and markers aren't painted on like on the old astroturf. Its actually a different color fieldturf that sewn into the green. I cant imagine that's a cheap process.

2. Why is it not on our helmets (rather than the "give-up" of Noth Texas in our new font.) --

I think this is the preference of RV or DD. They believe we get our name out there with the text. Personally I'd like to see SOW with the North Texas text attached to it.

3. Why can I not buy a chrome SOW for my car?--

See the discussion earlier this summer about auto emblems. As FirefightingRick said until some vendor is willing to invest in a lot of 1000 from autoemblem.com, they are not going to produce one.

4. Why do we insist on using the new font on everything rather than our SOW symbol. People will never associate it Noth Texas if we don't use it. - I know, we use the SOW with North Texas attached to it, but IMHO that looks "cheesier than just the SOW.---

How do you expect people to associate SOW with North Texas if its displayed alone? Remember its a new logo, people not familar with UNT aren't going to associate it us if they don't see it branded. Look at shutter's comment. People think he's a Philly fan. (but than again my favorite new hat is green with SOW on front w/ no text) smile.gif

I'm not saying any of this is the we ought to be utilizing the new logo, just giving some thoughts on the questions you raised.

Edited by Baby Arm!