Cobbs make Pats Highlight Video

GreenBat

It's too bad New England doesn't play Denver in the pre-season. Shanahan and staff have excellent recognition of RB talent and they feel they can never have enough RBs on their roster. I really thought Denver might even draft Cobbs, but I guess one Cobbs (Cedric, from Arkansas) is enough for the Broncos.

Its mostly that Denver feels that its the system that makes the running back; not the running back who makes it work.

Cobbs just needs some time on the field to prove himself; and everything else will work out.

Guest GrayEagleOne

What you guys are counting on is what an awesome person Patrick is for the lockerroom and morale of the team.  He has no attitude except to work harder than everyone else.  That along with his ability makes him hard to let go.

He has a great work ethic and that's why he's made it this far. If they will make him no less than the #3 back, then I'd be pleased. With Corey Dillon, Laurence Maroney and Kevin Faulk ahead of Patrick it's going to be hard to dislodge one. At several other locations, I believe that he plays every Sunday and the difference would be several hundred thousand dollars per year.

Another blurb today from Patriots.com:

Love the Dillon/Maroney combination, but these guys are both feature. The RB combination in the Pats "run" has been Running Back X/Faulk. It appears that Maroney will carry the torch for Dillon, but who will carry it for Faulk? Is Cobbs an option? Haven't heard much reported on Cobbs, but the few things written have been quite positive. How do you think he has looked? There does not seem to be room for him on the 53-man, would he last on the practice squad?

Snibbets

You don’t need a backup third-down back since the position by nature is part-time. Faulk doesn’t need someone behind him. But Cobbs has been impressive in camp with his quickness and ability to catch the ball out of the backfield. He has shown a nice burst and was a very productive back in college at North Texas. I think he has a very good chance of landing on the practice squad.

Paul Perillo

---If New England has no real use for Cobbs they could trade him for a player that might be useful (a WR for example?) that is on a team that is overloaded there. I would like to see him go to Jets but tht would be a intra-division trade which makes it a little unlikely, but who knows? He did himself a lot of good with that last game, running, blocking, and catching. Someone may have their eye on him if he is cut or made available to othrs.