Cobbs make Pats Highlight Video

GreenBat

Guest GrayEagleOne

I believe that the catch and TD run starts at about 1:52. At the 3:21 mark is where he is being congratulated on the sideline. The sequences are not consecutive.

laugh.gif I going to say this....How proud as, North Texas Alumni, that Patrick is Representing the Good ole Green and White. I am living with a DIEHARD Pats fan. Straight from Bean Town. wink.gif I told him that Dillion better watch his back, My boy Pat breathing down it. His Response...... First a Snicker.........Then said that Cobbs faced a bunch a guys that are going to be "bagboys" at the beginning of the season. We will see.

laugh.gif I going to say this....How proud as, North Texas Alumni, that Patrick is Representing the Good ole Green and White. I am living with a DIEHARD Pats fan. Straight from Bean Town. wink.gif  I told him that Dillion better watch his back, My boy Pat breathing down it. His Response...... First a Snicker.........Then said that Cobbs faced a bunch a guys that are going to be "bagboys" at the beginning of the season. We will see.

What an odd fan. I got excited when I first saw Tyson Thompson running for Dallas. I can't imagine why I wouldn't cheer for the success of anybody on the roster.

I see the TD catch at 1:52..........I was looking at the 3:21 mark. Thanks

I watched that replay at least ten times, Patrick looks great!! Great clip and the part where the announcer talks him up is pretty awesome.

It just doesn't get old!!!

"Perhaps no one on the entire roster opened eyes as much as Cobbs; 5 carries for 25 yards on the ground, plus 3 catches for 80 yards including the touchdown"

3:21 is the start of the quote. Man that give me chills of excitement.

Keep it going Patrick!!!

I hope Cobbs makes the Team and starts. I hope there is a lot of nosie created by Cobbs' playing ability that catchs the attention of the League. This way we can see the wrongs that SMU has put on North Texas by not allowing the back to back Nation leading Rushers to at least be nomitated for the Doak Walker award. Let John Madden watch him play and say something about it.

Radom babble wink.gifunsure.gif

Guest GrayEagleOne

I hope Cobbs makes the Team and starts. I hope there is a lot of nosie created by Cobbs' playing ability that catchs the attention of the League. This way we can see the wrongs that SMU has put on North Texas by not allowing the back to back Nation leading Rushers to at least be nomitated for the Doak Walker award. Let John Madden watch him play and say something about it.

Radom babble wink.gif  unsure.gif

Patrick's chances of starting are somewhere between none and zero. Not that he might not be the best running back but because there is too much money invested in Dillon and Maroney.

SMU sponsors the Doak Walker Award but a committee of about 50 makes the selections. The only person that I know for sure that's on that committee is Tony Dorsett. I'd guess that the selectio0n committee is replete with running backs that should know ability when they see it. However, they were surely wrong about Patrick Cobbs.

I haven't seen this posted yet, so I'll add today's awesome comments on the Pats web site (hey I guess that really is Pat's team: unsure.gif )

Who’s Hot: Young Running Backs – Pass better hope he’s able to practice soon or he may be out of a job. Maroney was clearly one of the opening weekend’s most impressive rookies. The young back looked like the real deal in Atlanta and he continued to run well Monday during practice. The surprise has been Patrick Cobbs. We’ve noted on here that he’s shown some skills in practice but he blew everyone away with 105 total yards and one spectacular touchdown against the Falcons. Cobbs looks like he may be able to do some of the things Faulk does for the Patriots offense in the future. After two weeks of training camp and one preseason game, the Patriots are sitting pretty at the running back position.

You can read the rest of the report here: http://www.patriots.com/news/index.cfm?ac=...d=20466&pcid=44

I just don't see them keeping an extra Running Back on the roster with what they have now.  I'd look for Cobbs to be released and picked up pretty quick in another few weeks.

Agreed. Cobbs will be on SOMEBODY'S roster or ps this season, but probably not in NE. Think of that as one helluva audition.

There is a guy that I work with that played for Rutgers and made the Chicago practice squad... I asked him how much it pays and he said that when he was playing (3 years ago) it paid about $75K a year. He got dropped after one season and went to play in the CFL - he said that he took about a 50% pay decrease to play in Canada and it would have been much more if he had not established residency there. Evidently, if you move there (have an apt or house) - you don't have to pay some sort of foreign worker's tax. Just thought that I would add that to the discussion that even if Cobb's just makes the PS, he will still be making pretty good money. What a Cinderella story for a guy out of Oklahoma that nobody else but NT would take a chance on...

I fell that Patrick is going to be ok in the league. We can all agree that we are happy that when they tell you where Patrick is from. They just say North Texas. No "State." Playing to a national audience 4 straight years really help get the name out.

What you guys are counting on is what an awesome person Patrick is for the lockerroom and morale of the team. He has no attitude except to work harder than everyone else. That along with his ability makes him hard to let go.

Washington is also looking hard to find a 2 or 3 RB

What's the latest status on their #1 (Portis). That separated shoulder injury could be a hindrance all season long.

I hate Washington more than New England. It's too bad New England doesn't play Denver in the pre-season. Shanahan and staff have excellent recognition of RB talent and they feel they can never have enough RBs on their roster. I really thought Denver might even draft Cobbs, but I guess one Cobbs (Cedric, from Arkansas) is enough for the Broncos.

I just don't see them keeping an extra Running Back on the roster with what they have now.  I'd look for Cobbs to be released and picked up pretty quick in another few weeks.

Unless he gets hurt or starts performing badly he shouldn't be cut. He should make the practice squad at least, which will pay him $4k a week, and any other team in the league will be able to sign him. At this point I wouldn't be completely surprised if he makes the Pats roster. It wouldn't be out of the question for a team to carry 4 RBs, especially if the fourth one contributes on special teams, which is something that PC can and is more than willing to do. I would like to see him get a chance to return some punts in the preseason.

If PC can keep playing and practicing they way he is right now, he should make the Pats practice squad and have a good shot at being picked up by a team that is in need of depth at RB.