P. Cobbs

BoJangles12

Guest GrayEagleOne

The heck with the practice squad, I hope that he lands with someone where he gets some playing time. But I guess I will hold my nose and root for the Patriots as long as PC in on the squad.

Guest e-bone

If he can make the practice squad then that will be a big step to his future in the NFL. If he makes the practice squad then another team would be able to pick him up if they were in need of a RB. Getting PC who can play special teams and catch the ball out of the backfield would make sense for a team in need of a RB to fill their roster. If he makes the Patriots' practice squad and isn't picked up by another team, then he would be in pretty good shape going into next season. The Patriots could bring him back, which is possible considering they have two aging RBs in Dillon and Faulk. Or another team with a need could bring him along.

BTW, practice squad players make $4,000 a week. Not too shabby.

Who’s hot: Patrick Cobbs – The little-known running back has made the most of his limited opportunities during camp. While the likes of Corey Dillon, Laurence Maroney and Kevin Faulk getting the bulk of the attention, Cobbs has shown a nice burst through the middle and good hands coming out of the backfield. On Tuesday he played the role of Atlanta’s Warrick Dunn and he certainly did the Pro Bowler justice with several nifty cuts and runs. Cobbs seems like an ideal practice squad candidate.

RUN PAT RUN!!!!

Can't any team sign a player off of another teams practice squad? If thats the case I have a feeling Cobbs will be off that squad and on another team quick if he performs in the preseason games the way he performed here at NT. You have to know the Patriots think he is something special if as loaded as they are at RB they would keep him around.

Edited by MeanGreenBuzz

Can't any team sign a player off of another teams practice squad?  If thats the case I have a feeling Cobbs will be off that squad and on another team quick if he performs in the preseason games the way he performed here at NT.  You have to know the Patriots think he is something special if as loaded as they are at RB they would keep him around.

Currently Chicago, Philly and possibly St. Louis are thin at RB and it's reported that the Jets are already on the phone with other teams shopping.

Rick