Should North Texas Consider Rhett Bomar

Eagle-96

I agree the nationally pub and attention alone is worth it.  He wasn't the only one cheating.  He may have gotten caught up in this with as many as 20 other players?  And how is the dealership and the school not held accountable?

If I understand the situation correctly, the car dealership was recently sold and it was the new ownership that made the school aware of the situation.

Here's a couple of post by Sea Jacket on the ASU board.

--------------

I know most of the replies have been negative, but the SBC has gotten some serious ink because of this development. People all over are asking who/where is NTX & what league are they in. BTW, I think TCU has a little too much option in their scheme to want RB.

Let's put it this way, NTX is getting more now (nation-wide) than we got going to Lafayette.. OU was picked #1 by some, so it's important. Pllus, fans are pumped about fb right now, so this story has timing. BTW, the main exposure for the SBC if you polled nationally after the bowls, would be about the officiating by the SBC crew in the Neb/Mich Alamo Bowl.

--------------

Seems like UNT is in a win-win situation here.

1. Lotta press

2. High school coach & father of high-profile player comes to NT coach for help/advice.

3. NT being considered by high-profile player if xfer & playing possible.

4. Putting a positive light on NT's program for potential recruits ?

IMHO, for those who say, "NO" I do not want to consider Bomar and his roommate then take a long hard look at yourselves at the times you have been caught with your finger(s) in the cookie jar.  Every time you point a finger at someone you are pointing four back at yourselves.

The kid made a mistake and who is not suspect to temptation from time to time. 

Just because some do it and get caught does it make it right?? NO

Just because some do it and get away with a few cookies does it make it right? NO

Does everyone deserve another chance??  YES

I once had a professor that told me that I dont care how many mistakes you make just dont make the same one twice......

People make mistakes....it takes a bigger man to accept someone else's mistake and go on with life.....

IMO, everyone really does deserve a 2'nd chance. If Bomar were your son, brother, cousin or friend--wouldn't you tend to agree & give him that 2'nd chance?

I would wager that those 2 young men from OU have punished themselves over and over again as it is with all this and I'm sure they don't need others pouring salt into their (already) gaping wounds? Both lost a helluva' lot of face over their predicament with OU in the news media alone. It was (quite frankly) national sport news.

,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

BRING BOMAR TO MEAN GREEN COUNTRY IF HE IS INTERESTED. WE NEED SUCH TALENT TO HELP US GET THIS FOOTBALL PROGRAM AIRBORNE & JUMP-STARTED WHILE HELPING US GET OUT OF OUR PRESENT POSITION AMONG ALL THE OTHER 117 NCAA D1-A SCHOOLS!

FWIW, IT TAKES SUCH HIGH PROFILE TALENT COUPLED WITH HIGH PROFILE COACHES WHO USUALLY ARE ABLE TO PULL SUCH THINGS OFF & I DEFER TO WHAT COACH PRICE HAS ALREADY DONE AT WHAT HAS TRADITIONALLY BEEN A BASKETBALL SCHOOL.

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

Let him prostitute his services to another school. IMHO, he would be BAD for team unity. He is just one guy, albeit at a key position where we had no meaningful production last year. I believe in our guys we have right now and am confident that one of them will step up and perform this year. Bomar is NOT the second coming!

if we get Bomar I am going to go straight out and buy a #7 jersey.

I, too, will buy a Bomar jersey and I would love to have this kid join the Mean Green. While he did commit pre-meditated infractions, he's certainly no Maurice Clarett.

This would definitely be huge for UNT!! And, if he actually lived up to his high school hype, we could reap virtually limitless rewards from his presence in the way of attendance, W/L records and recruiting. What WR wouldn't want to play with the #1 QB recruit in the nation?