DaMN Area Top 100 2007 Recruits

Buford_Julep

Bradley Haynes (6-2 195) from Mansfield Summitt is consiering NT along with UConn, Iowa, NM, OSU, TCU and UTEP. Haynes is #82 in the Area 100.

It looks like Bennett has SMU moving forward. SMU had 3 committments and 16 maybes on the top 100 list by my count.

Quite frankly, it's embarassing that UNT cannot get even 1 "AREA TOP 100" to sign. Even worse is that only a couple of the TOP 100 even are considering UNT.

As stated above, SMU has signed at least 3 of the AREA TOP 100 and there are many others that are at least considering SMU as one their schools.

Bradley Haynes  (6-2 195) from Mansfield Summitt is consiering NT along with UConn, Iowa, NM, OSU, TCU and UTEP. Haynes is #82 in the Area 100.

It looks like Bennett has SMU moving forward. SMU had 3 committments and 16 maybes on the top 100 list by my count.

Quite frankly, it's embarassing that UNT cannot get even 1 "AREA TOP 100" to sign.  Even worse is that only a couple of the TOP 100 even are considering UNT.

As stated above, SMU has signed at least 3 of the AREA TOP 100 and there are many others that are at least considering SMU as one their schools.

DID it come out in todays hard copy DMN? Can't find it on line. who are the ones considering NT? other than Bradly Haynes? I wonder who recruits the Dallas area?

Edited by OldTimer

who are the ones considering NT? other than Bradly Haynes? I wonder who recruits the Dallas area?

He's prolly the only one, which wouldn't be any big surprise. I'm actually surprised we even have that one.

The Dallas area is subdivided between the coaches now. I'm hoping that this will help turnaround our fortune in the area. It has been less than say as of late. The Metroplex is one of the top 3 recruiting grounds in the nation, and us being here have only been able to land a handful of players. While other belt teams have been able to come here and do better.

One problem with the way NT recruits, is the wait till later attitude. The face of football recruiting is changing to mirror that of basketball. Where as early committments are key. If NT wants anyone from the DMN 100 they have to get them now. I haven't checked it in a while but I'm gonna guess that %50 have already committed. I know it's how DD does it, and deep down I know he and staff are busting tail, but I see other schools and get depressed, jealous, and a feeling that we aren't doing much.

While I am not a Dickey fan, you must remember that there is now a caste system in college football....the bigger conferences get the cream and then there is a trickle down effect to the lower conferences. Since we are at the bottom of the barrel, no matter how hard Dickey and the staff try, we will always get the leftovers. On the bright side, Dickey does seem to have the ability to get 'sleepers', who sometimes turn to greatness. Sometime the hot prospects peter out, too. So, until the SunBelt does better out of conference and the New Orleans Bowl, recruiting will remain fairly average for the 'Belt.

He's prolly the only one, which wouldn't be any big surprise. I'm actually surprised we even have that one.

The Dallas area is subdivided between the coaches now. I'm hoping that this will help turnaround our fortune in the area. It has been less than say as of late. The Metroplex is one of  the top 3 recruiting grounds in the nation, and us being here have only been able to land a handful of players. While other belt teams have been able to come here and do better.

One problem with the way NT recruits, is the wait till later attitude. The face of football recruiting is changing to mirror that of basketball. Where as early committments are key. If NT wants anyone from the DMN 100 they have to get them now. I haven't checked it in a while but I'm gonna guess that %50 have already committed. I know it's how DD does it, and deep down I know he and staff are busting tail, but I see other schools and get depressed, jealous, and a feeling that we aren't doing much.

Interesting info on NT recruits...Yes I found the DMN top area 100 for 2007 on line which lists one player considering NT to go with one player from the FW*Star Telegram...interesting that one is from FW Dunbar (DMN) and one from Mansfield (FW*T) none from Dallas ISD.

I heard rumors somewhere that NT had about 350 attend in their two Sr. day summer camps and that there were 6 to 10 "offers?" by NT arising from those camps. I can ID only 1 offer and no commits .........I will say I have ID'd 21 prospects considering NT, which doesn't mean that NT is interested in them.

I heard  rumors somewhere that NT had about 350  attend  in their two Sr. day summer camps and that there were 6 to 10 "offers?" by NT arising from those camps.    I can ID only 1 offer and no commits .........I will say I have ID'd 21 prospects considering NT, which doesn't mean that NT is interested in them.

It's good to hear those numbers on the camps and the offers. It was about this time last year that the MGR recruiting page was put up, is that going to happen this year? Or with the closing of MGR is that gone with it?

I thought SMU was "bottom of the barrel" too since they usually end up with one of the worst records in Division 1-A football.

Some how they still can SIGN several Top Area recruits and have many others that are considering SMU as a possibility.

While I am not a Dickey fan, you must remember that there is now a caste system in college football....the bigger conferences get the cream and then there is a trickle down effect to the lower conferences.  Since we are at the bottom of the barrel, no matter how hard Dickey and the staff try, we will always get the leftovers.  On the bright side, Dickey does seem to have the ability to get 'sleepers', who sometimes turn to greatness.  Sometime the hot prospects peter out, too.  So, until the SunBelt does better out of conference and the New Orleans Bowl, recruiting will remain fairly average for the 'Belt.