Get Ready For The 2006 Football Season At The Mean

ntsumgspe

DENTON (7/25/06) - Get ready for the 2006 football season by attending the Mean Green Kick-Off Cookout on Saturday, August 5 at the North Texas Athletic Center at 6:30 pm.

Join Mean Green coaches and student-athletes for an evening of Mean Green hospitality including food, drinks, bounce house, autographs, cheer & dance teams, and live entertainment.

Help us kick off the 2006 football season and pick up your:

• Football Season Tickets (if renewed by June 14)

• Parking Pass (MGC Donors) (if renewed by June 14)

• Mean Green Club Gifts

• Mean Green Car Flags

Tickets:

Tickets = $10.00*

*Renewal by June 14th: Two free admissions

Please RSVP by July 31st:

(meangreenclub@unt.edu) or (ticketoffice@unt.edu)

• Phone: (940) (369-7034) / (800) 868-2366

*There is limited seating available.*

My son and I had a great time. The boy wanted Jamario Thomas and Johnny Quin to sign his football and he got his wishes and then some.

I want to thank the players that came and gave their time for us and coach Dicky for making me and my son feel like part of the mean green family. Coach Dicky looked like he was in playing shape. I wish him continued health. ncaa 08 will have to re-animate him

We too had a great time. It was an amazing turnout considering it was around 100 degrees. The endzone upper deck was packed. The food was good and the band was excellent. It gave me a chance to see all of you again and start talking together about the greatest time of the year coming up very soon.

Props goes out to Paul Batchelder, Mandy McKinley, RV, Hank, Eric Capper, Brian Bethea, Jamie Adams, Gabe Kirkpatrick, Mike Berela and the rest of the NT AD dept. I want to especially thank the coaches and players for giving up their last free saturday evening to spend it with us. Monday the pain begins.

Next friday is the first day in pads. Next saturday is simply a two a day practice and the first outright scrimmage is the following Wednesday the 16th.

Rick

We too had a great time. It was an amazing turnout considering it was around 100 degrees. The endzone upper deck was packed. The food was good and the band was excellent. It gave me a chance to see all of you again and start talking together about the greatest time of the year coming up very soon.

Props goes out to Paul Batchelder, Mandy McKinley, RV, Hank, Eric Capper, Brian Bethea, Jamie Adams, Gabe Kirkpatrick, Mike Berela and the rest of the NT AD dept. I want to especially thank the coaches and players for giving up their last free saturday evening to spend it with us. Monday the pain begins.

Next friday is the first day in pads. Next saturday is simply a two a day practice and the first outright scrimmage is the following Wednesday the 16th.

Rick

Ditto

I want to also make a comment about Coach Dickey and the majority of the coaching staff. There has been a noticable difference in the outreach of the coaches to extend friendship with the fans and program supporters. We have all been critical in the past of the perceived "coldness" in talking with coaches when approached in public. I have had more meaningful and enlightening conversations with DD and staff in the past month than I did in the entire 8 years before - combined.

Whether you're a skeptic or not, the bottom line is this - there is an effort being made and that's all fans can ask for. This is how you begin a serious outreach with the alumni and community and I for one are glad to see it happen. Ups and downs happen within a program. It's happened at UT, USC, Michigan etc. very few get on top and stay on top. However, a down year is much easier to take when you can feel for the staff, talk with them, understand their thoughts, and know where they are coming from - thank you.

BTW, I know how some on this board can be. This is not an excuse for a bad year or accepting losses. It just is what it is. If you have a relationship with those involved, you have better understanding and can empathize.

GMG

Saturday was a great time. Did anyone check their Mean Green car flag? On the one I got the flag is on upside down with spikes holding it down so I can't remove it without damaging it. Did anyone else have this problem?

I didn't have a problem with my flag.

I did however wonder what sort of "ice cooler" we were being given as a MGC gift. I thought that it looked rather odd for a soft-sided cooler, so I looked up the web-site for the product. Here is the link.

http://www.bagselite.com/products_icentote.html

I thought that it looked like a wine bottle cooler. And sure enough, that's what it is.

I wonder, does that mean that we can start bringing wine into the games? rolleyes.gif

Edited by SilverEagle

I thought that it looked like a wine bottle cooler. And sure enough, that's what it is.

I wonder, does that mean that we can start bringing wine into the games? rolleyes.gif

hey, we mean green fans are a classy bunch! Its all Beaujolais, caviar and Perrier over here laugh.gif

I dragged the girlfriend up for the festivities Saturday and we enjoyed it. Got to meet a few of the players and spoke with RV for a little while. Was very encouraged by the things he had to say. He also indicated they would be having some sort of similar function in Houston next year for all the Houston-area alumns.

Great job, athletics department! Glad I made the trip

I did however wonder what sort of "ice cooler" we were being given as a MGC gift. I thought that it looked rather odd for a soft-sided cooler, so I looked up the web-site for the product. Here is the link.

http://www.bagselite.com/products_icentote.html

Funny. I was just about to start a thread called "Can anyone explain this cooler to me?" I don't understand where the snaps come in. I'll check the website.