OT: Metzler's Beer Selection

LongJim

Well, this is OT, but just got to mention that I really love the selection of beer at Metzler's.

Got the chance to spend the evening in Denton Sunday, and stopped by to pick up a BBQ sandwich. I had forgotten how wide a selection of world beers they have.

Place gets a thumbs-up from me. cool.gif

Teasley and Normandee.....just about 1 block south of I-35.....turn right on normandee and get ready for some great sausage and even better imported beer from all around the world.....the best selection in denton county.

ya oughta get out of the house more.....make sure you get your wife's permission. laugh.gif

Teasley and Normandee.....just about 1 block south of I-35.....turn right on normandee and get ready for some great sausage and even better imported beer from all around the world.....the best selection in denton county.

ya oughta get out of the house more.....make sure you get your wife's permission. laugh.gif

Not that I'll be able to to make a Metzler's run anytime soon, but do they have Pacifico???

Guest JohnDenver

You're absolutely right, ee.  One of the best beer selections in a 100 mile radius!  laugh.gif

My friends and I always went to the Metzlers on University, but I think that is gone now. Now, on the way into town for tailgating, I stop there to pick up the expensive imports for my wife's refined taste buds.

I think Denton has a World Market now as well. They have a pretty good selection of beers, though they aren't cold yet. A cooler, rock salt, ice and water for 20 minutes and it cures that..

Edited by JohnDenver

Not that I'll be able to to make a Metzler's run anytime soon, but do they have Pacifico???

Did not notice many Mexican imports, but wasn't looking for them Sat.

I did see Negra Modelo, but I was homing in on the British stuff! laugh.gif

If I'm just cooling off, it's Miller for me, but this stuff is a treat.

You're absolutely right, ee.  One of the best beer selections in a 100 mile radius!  laugh.gif

I guess you have never been to The Flying Saucer in downtown Fort Worth. They have 25+ different beers on tap. (a favorite hangout for Tarrant County North Texas Exes too)

I guess you have never been to The Flying Saucer in downtown Fort Worth.  They have 25+ different beers on tap. (a favorite hangout for Tarrant County North Texas Exes too)

I'm familiar with it, but you're right, I've never been in there. I think I might not want to come out. laugh.gif

Gingerman in Dallas is the same. I did notice that Billy's Brewery in Denton closed a while back. They had some good stuff on tap down there for a while.

For you beer lovers in Fort Worth, the old Rick’s on the Bricks is becoming a Gingerman with 40+ different beers on tap. sometime this Fall/Winter.

And don’t forget the Flying Saucer in Addison with 80+ different beers on tap.

Besides editing videotape, for about 2 years I did a radio show about craft and imported beer!

My friends and I always went to the Metzlers on University, but I think that is gone now. Now, on the way into town for tailgating, I stop there to pick up the expensive imports for my wife's refined taste buds.

I think Denton has a World Market now as well. They have a pretty good selection of beers, though they aren't cold yet. A cooler, rock salt, ice and water for 20 minutes and it cures that..

Where is it located? My wife and I love to shop at the World Market. Their beer selection is great. However, they still don't have my favorite "Roswell Alien Amber Ale".

Edited by SilverEagle

Guest JohnDenver

Where is it located? My wife and I love to shop at the World Market. Their beer selection is great.  However, they still don't have my favorite "Roswell Alien Amber Ale".

From the downtown square (according to maps.google.com)

1. Head east from W Hickory St

2. Continue on E Hickory St

3. Turn left at N Ruddell St

4. Turn right at E McKinney St

5. Turn right at S TX-288-LOOP

6. Arrive at Cost Plus World Market (1400 S Loop 288, Denton, TX 76205)

Translation ... directly across from Walmart. biggrin.gif

World Market has an awesome selection....Metzlers BBQ is way overrated, Colters or Rudy's anyday.....

They are building a Dickeys in Denton pretty soon.

for once - I support you.