Baylor Promo

cool promo idea... Im not sold on the spread being the fix all for every aspiring program, though I agree its certainly exciting to watch.

I dont really care for Baylor using a similar all-green uniform and helmet.

I think maybe you're missing the point. The spread is not the "fix" as in winning lots of games and going to the BCS championship. It IS however the "fix" for boring game play and attracting more fans and more $$$. $$$ is the fix for aspiring programs that is why the spread is so attractive. At least IMO...

I think maybe you're missing the point.  The spread is not the "fix" as in winning lots of games and going to the BCS championship.  It IS however the "fix" for boring game play and attracting more fans and more $$$.  $$$ is the fix for aspiring programs that is why the spread is so attractive.  At least IMO...

Im pretty sure thats what I just said. Talented athletes will beat a gimmicky a offense most of the time. Case in point, OU and Texas' defensive dominance over Tech. Now, what brings the players and money into a program? Exciting schemes, WINNING GAMES, etc. I didnt say it couldnt help (it has certainly woken Tech and their alumni) I just said it wasnt a fix-all.

They are going to the spread and recieved a verbal from the Kinnee kid.  Here is the promo:

http://www.ocsn.com/media_server/play.smil...lor/Fishing.asx

Baylor's announcement of a verbal from G.J. Kinne should come as no surprise to anyone. That commitment was assured when G.J.'s dad, and former standout Baylor linebacker, Gary Joe Kinne, was hired this season as Baylor's Linebackers Coach.

I'd be inclined to believe that G.J. would have committed to attend Baylor no matter what offense they chose.

Nice. Our school needs an ad like that...I'm thinking of JT lining up with horses at a race, maybe even with a tiny little jockey on his back...

As a matter of fact, a big static cling on the side of the library, showing you the start of a 40-yard stretch, then at the end of that stretch, another cling, with JT, midstride, showing his 40-yard time, advertising the games/game times/etc. Or something like that on the sidewalks...with a different sidewalk ad dedicated to our fastest players.

Edited by meangreendork

Nice. Our school needs an ad like that...I'm thinking of JT lining up with horses at a race, maybe even with a tiny little jockey on his back...

And people call me homo-erotic....

To promo our offense I'm thinking of the ad from several years back where the two mechanics are working on a car, beating on an engine with a mallet laughing like a couple of cavemen, then it flashes back to the same two guy's when they were in preschool and you see them beating a round wooden peg into a square hole and the other kid is yelling, "keep hitting it, it'll go in!".

Rick

Wonder who's laughing at the Bears now.  I said it a couple months ago, but I'll say it again:  I would not be surprised to see the Bears in a bowl this year.

Kinne Talks Trash To The Ags

“It’s becoming earlier and earlier,” Baylor head coach Guy Morriss said Tuesday. “And when you’re trying to catch up like we are, we’ve got to be the first ones on these kids’ doorsteps.”

Man I wish DD's attitude was like this.

“If they want to come to my house, I can show them all the offers I’ve gotten,” Kinne said. “And you can tell the A&M fans, ‘Wait till Saturday.’ Tell them that. We’re not going to have any problems with A&M.”

love it. I guess it goes without saying, thats the kind of attitude Id like to see in all of our players!

They are going to the spread and recieved a verbal from the Kinnee kid.  Here is the promo:

http://www.ocsn.com/media_server/play.smil...lor/Fishing.asx

user posted image

In addition to copying the North Texas uniforms, how's this item from the Baylor site:

The Texas flag but with a touch of Baylor! Instead of Red, White, and Blue it has the classic University of North Texas colors.

To be fair, that flag has been flown by BU fans since the late 90s.

I'm not saying some UNT fans didn't start using it first (probably so), but this is certainly not the first time a BU fan has flown one.

It is the first time I've seen it for sale in the BU bookstore though.

In regards to the uniforms...the uni's themselves are actually throwbacks to the 1970s. The green helmets are new, of course, but Morriss introduced the two helmet system at Kentucky before he got to Baylor, so I think that's just his thing.

user posted image

user posted image

Edited by BaylorGuy314