UT is our first game @ 11am and ON TV!

I am looking forward to us beating the snorts out of SM-Who on September 9th at Fouts Field. I hate everything that SMU stands for. I hate their uppity attitude and my blood boils that they have not played us for 13 years!

But come on, Mean Greeners...we have some business to take care of down in Austin on September 2nd! Every breathing Longhorn knows they're gonna beat our doors off....so what have we got to lose...nothing...so lets go down there and scare the hell out of them. They're breaking in two new QB's. We're got J-Mo and alot of catching up to do. Never say never. Sometimes shockers do happen, like us beating Tennessee, 21-14 in 1975...and at their homecoming game. All they had was Larry Seivers at WR and Stanley Morgan. We were plenty banged up and lost our starting two QBs (Ken Washington and Ken Smith ) in a loss at Missisipi State the week before.

So, never say never! GO! MEAN GREEN!!!!!

We are so beaten down by our OOC play that it is understandable if we don't think we can win this game (us fans that is!) However, it sure is refreshing to hear another team out here in Hawaii that opens up against Alabama still have the "you never know...." attitude. Bow fans all over the radio talk about "well if we beat Bama" all of the time.

Most likely the Tide will roll the weak little Hawaii D, but the difference in the mentality between most Mean Green fans today and Bow fans today is that at least they still believe in miracles.

Hoping to be competitive is a start. I look forward to the day when we have faith again!

Somewhere in there I still do.

Beat Texas!

GO MEAN GREEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A little bird told me some interesting news two days ago...a little tidbit about our beloved coach DD being placed on the "hot seat."

I am DD suporter as some of you already know, BUT if this is indeed true info, from which I trust the source, DD on the "hot seat" can be a VERY good thing.

Point of reference, the season of 2001, the last time DD was on the "hot seat."

This same person also told me in reference to DD that the SMU game has been MADE important to him. Our out of conference schedule has been MADE important to him. I am NOT calling for an upset over UT, but be preparred to maybe see some things in 2006 that have been promised over the years, a more open offense, a "come to win" attitude...who knows.

I just remeber the last time Mr. Dickey was placed on the ol' "hot seat", he endeared himself to many NT fans, and for you haters, made himself tolerable ( biggrin.gif )

Here is to the "hot seat"

I am not one to spread rumors or false facts, I do trulely believe this info.

A little bird told me some interesting news two days ago...a little tidbit about our beloved coach DD being placed on the "hot seat."

I am DD suporter as some of you already know, BUT if this is indeed true info, from which I trust the source, DD on the "hot seat" can be a VERY good thing.

This same person also told me in reference to DD that the SMU game has been MADE important to him.  Our out of conference schedule has been MADE important to him.  I am NOT calling for an upset over UT, but be preparred to maybe see some things in 2006 that have been promised over the years, a more open offense, a "come to win" attitude...who knows.

I just remeber the last time Mr. Dickey was placed on the ol' "hot seat", he endeared himself to many NT fans, and for you haters, made himself tolerable ( biggrin.gif )

Good info - however, I have to know - is he pregnant? ohmy.gif

This same person also told me in reference to DD that the SMU game has been MADE important to him.  Our out of conference schedule has been MADE important to him.  I am NOT calling for an upset over UT, but be preparred to maybe see some things in 2006 that have been promised over the years, a more open offense, a "come to win" attitude...who knows.

interesting but a little late. should have made ooc games important to him 8 years ago. 7-38. mad.gif

I am looking forward to us beating the snorts out of SM-Who on September 9th at Fouts Field. I hate everything that SMU stands for. I hate their uppity attitude and my blood boils that they have not played us for 13 years!

But come on, Mean Greeners...we have some business to take care of down in Austin on September 2nd! Every breathing Longhorn knows they're gonna beat our doors off....so what have we got to lose...nothing...so lets go down there and scare the hell out of them. They're breaking in two new QB's. We're got J-Mo and alot of catching up to do. Never say never. Sometimes shockers do happen, like us beating Tennessee, 21-14 in 1975...and at their homecoming game. All they had was Larry Seivers at WR and Stanley Morgan. We were plenty banged up and lost our starting two QBs (Ken Washington and Ken Smith ) in a loss at Missisipi State the week before.

So, never say never! GO! MEAN GREEN!!!!!

Agree... but the third Qb in the Tennessee game was Glen Ray who was a Midland High Grad. West Texas boys think they can beat anyone....and he did.

Go Phillips (San Angelo) ---beat the Horns.

But come on, Mean Greeners...we have some business to take care of down in Austin on September 2nd! Every breathing Longhorn knows they're gonna beat our doors off....so what have we got to lose...nothing...so lets go down there and scare the hell out of them. They're breaking in two new QB's. We're got J-Mo and alot of catching up to do. Never say never. Sometimes shockers do happen, like us beating Tennessee, 21-14 in 1975...and at their homecoming game. All they had was Larry Seivers at WR and Stanley Morgan. We were plenty banged up and lost our starting two QBs (Ken Washington and Ken Smith ) in a loss at Missisipi State the week before.So, never say never! GO! MEAN GREEN!!!!!

Hmmmm, Ken Washington, Ken Smith and Glenn Ray. I'm wondering if that is the deepest that we have ever been at the QB position?

Any other nominations out there?

I thought I saw in another thread that the game is moved to Noon.

I think UT will find out how much they miss Young. I am not saying that NT will beat the pants off of UT (we wouldn't get the refs for that...sorry...not to open up old wounds dry.gif ), but I seriously doubt UT will put 65 on us like the last time and I very seriously doubt NT gets shut out of the endzone.

I think UT will find out how much they miss Young. I am not saying that NT will beat the pants off of UT (we wouldn't get the refs for that...sorry...not to open up old wounds  dry.gif ), but I seriously doubt UT will put 65 on us like the last time and I very seriously doubt NT gets shut out of the endzone.

Careful there, some might think you're drinking green cool aid with such a bold prognostication. sleep.gif

I thought I saw in another thread that the game is moved to Noon. I think UT will find out how much they miss Young. I am not saying that NT will beat the pants off of UT (we wouldn't get the refs for that...sorry...not to open up old wounds  dry.gif ), but I seriously doubt UT will put 65 on us like the last time and I very seriously doubt NT gets shut out of the endzone.

I just looked on the UT athletic site. It's still 11:00 am.

Here is the link.

http://www.mackbrown-texasfootball.com/

Edited by SilverEagle

What a schedule for the whorns!

They have seven games at home. When they travel, they only leave the state twice. And the first time that they leave the state isn't until Oct 21st (Nebraska).

Let's see. If they sell-out every one of their home games, the ticket sales alone with be a minimum of $4mil per game. So, with seven home games, their gross ticket receipts will be a minimum of $28mil. dry.gif

Edited by SilverEagle

so what are you saying? He only shows up when it is a contract year or when his job is on the line? Great...we have Dampier for a coach....

What a schedule for the whorns!

They have seven games at home. When they travel, they only leave the state twice. And the first time that they leave the state isn't until Oct 21st (Nebraska).

Let's see. If they sell-out every one of their home games, the ticket sales alone with be a minimum of $4mil per game. So, with seven home games, their gross ticket receipts will be a minimum of $28mil.  dry.gif

And remember our gaurantee for this game is $285K so UT gets $3.7 million clear profit. Thanks again Craig Helwig!!! rolleyes.gif