OT: Ken Lay Dead...

LongJim

This really screws things up.

Prosicution can not get a get a judgment against a dead man. Meaning they can not get ANY of the money he stole.

So any chance of getting the cash for all the Enron workers that were screwed is gone. I don't know if they can sue his estate.

That is a bad rap. I am not in favor of penalizing the family who gets the estate but the government not able to recupe the money is wrong.

Anyone who plays Dungons and Dragons know a Reserect spell?

---Don't bet on that... Texas is a community property state  which means what was his is hers....and his wife is still alive.

Except the state does not have a case against Ms. Lay.

MAYBE they can go after the estate. Would have to let a lawyer confirm that though.

This is about as suspicious as:

1.  Jim McDougall having a massive heart attack in the Fort Worth Federal Prison...a possible clinton-cide. (remember Whitewater)

2.  Ron Brown's plane flying into a mountain in the Balkins....then both air controllers committing suicide (i mean clinton-cide). (going to testify against the clintons when he got back to the USA).

3.  Vince Foster's suicide in Fort Marcy Park....another clinton-cide....(was he actually doing Hillary.....ugggggg)

Now......

#4.....Ken Lay.....did the clintons have money in enron???? hummmmmm!!!

There are better conspiracy mean green theorists than me on this board....

Any comments Plummeangreen???SilverEagle???

ph34r.gif

actually, the Bush administration had plenty more to do with Enron than the Clintons ever did. But regardless, you've already been proven wrong.

Isn't this a sports board?  The only Lay we should be talking about is the one with potato chips and will they be at tailgating...

---Yep, Bush should not be mentioned here on a board about Texas sports.. He did not go to college in Texas (Yale) , did not graduate from any High School in Texas (New England preppie) and was not born in Texas (Conn.). Not exactly a Texan or cowboy either (bought his first cow after being elected President and over 50 years old just for image purposes.

Beat the Horns...

---Yep, Bush should not be mentioned here on a board about Texas sports..  He did not go to college in Texas (Yale) , did not graduate from any High School in Texas (New England preppie) and was not born in Texas  (Conn.).  Not exactly a Texan or cowboy either (bought his first cow after being elected President and over 50 years old just for image purposes.

Beat the Horns...

I mention Lay's potato chips and you mention Bush...I see the connection

I'm starting to think that you have a crush on Mr. Bush. It's like in Junior High when a girl would constantly make fun of a boy and talk badly about him all the time, bring him up when he wasn't mentioned, but secretly deep down inside she really like-likes him...yep, you have a crush

Do you want Mr. Bush to ask you to dance?

circle:

YES

NO

MAYBE

Bush, like DD....we have for at least one or two more years.

no more politics.... laugh.gif

---Agree, like I said Bush is not about Football and he is not really a Texan either, that accent of his is pure Yankee. [nothing political here] Should not be on board.

---Lay a Democrat???... he loaned his jet plane to the Bush campaign during 2000. (True) .....but I don't blame you for wanting to pawn him off on the Democrats, no one wants to claim the benefits they received from him. [title of thread]

--- Clinton was President, so "YOU" started the political comments.... I don't blame you for not wanting hear about his successor either, least BC did not get us into a war with a country that had provided no terrorist acts against us (name one act) and soldiers were not dying and the budget was balanced.....

You should not fear or avoid truth..........