Info on Steven Woodward...kicker

OldTimer

Wow, I think we are ready for some football. We're like a bunch of caged lions that haven't eaten a crippled water buffalo since last November. Last season really made us hungry to get back to our winning ways. If we can get this fired up over signing a kicker then wait until the 3-headed quarterback battle heats up in a month and a half. I can't wait to see the board around August 14th. I say kudos to DD for getting this kid. Let's hope he does well.

GMG!!!

Beat Texas!!!

Edited by Eagle-96

We're like a bunch of caged lions that haven't eaten a crippled water buffalo since last November. 

laugh.gif Great visual!

If we can get this fired up over signing a kicker then wait until the 3-headed quarterback battle heats up in a month and a half...

GMG!!!

Beat Texas!!!

QFT

From what I here he had opportunities to go preferred at LSU and Oklahoma. You wonder why Tulsa didn't get him but they appear to be pretty set at kicker and they didn't have a scholarship to give at that position. I like this kid's potential. Especially if he can be a kickoff guy as well.

If he is as good as advertised, we are probably set at both kicker and punter for the next 3-4 years which is great.

Guest e-bone

From what I here he had opportunities to go preferred at LSU and Oklahoma.  You wonder why Tulsa didn't get him but they appear to be pretty set at kicker and they didn't have a scholarship to give at that position.  I like this kid's potential.  Especially if he can be a kickoff guy as well.

If he is as good as advertised, we are probably set at both kicker and punter for the next 3-4 years which is great.

Thanks for bringing that up Harry. Quite often BCS schools bring in kickers as preferred walk ons as opposed to giving them a ship. If they earn the spot by beating out the other preferreds then they can get a ship. A kicker where I am from a few years back had multiple offers from smaller schools, but decided to try to walk on at Tech instead. I don't understand that completely, but who knows what the coaches at BCS schools tell those kids to get them to come in for free.

And unless people are going to call Cobbs, Buckles, etc... mistakes, then shut up about getting this kid. You have no valid argument whatsoever. The next person that says "oh, we beat out so and so state for this kid? wow", needs to get slapped. Who did we beat out to get Patrick Cobbs? Yeah, that's right, shut up. In the future if you can look back and see that he didn't pan out, then sure, criticize it then, but before he even steps foot on campus as a true freshman? Give me a break.

Woodward articles from Scout.com.

http://story.scout.com/a.z?s=73&p=2&c=380848

So did Jenks, Ok. Rising senior Steven Woodward, who many considered one of the nation’s best, also did quite well with solid kicks.

http://story.scout.com/a.z?s=73&p=2&c=387310

user posted image

Steven Woodward

#7 - Steven Woodward - Jenks, Oklahoma - (Kicked off 1 inch) - Wonderfully accurate. Kicks usually dead center every time. Disciplined kicker who gets to the ball quicklyANALYSIS: D-I caliber kicker.

Scout.com Kicker rankings.

http://scout.scout.com/a.z?s=73&p=9&c=4&pid=20&yr=2006

Edited by MeanGreen61

Well, since I've been out on vacation in San Diego for the last week I am invoking my right to amend my 2006 season prediction.

For UT the score will now be 62-12. The prior prediction was 62-3. We will have 3 more field goals of over 70 yards. It will be a new NCAA record. rolleyes.gif

I am certainly no recruiting expert. But, with kickers and punters doesn't it stand to reason that you could "steal" one away from the big boys just because of numbers alone?

Most schools only carry 2-3 kickers total. Whereas, they could carry 10+ LB's.

This looks to be a good sign. We need someone to kick XP's for Super J-Mo.

Edited by GangGreen