GMG News!

mad dog

In anticipation of the upcoming football season, the Gomeangreen.com Staff will be putting out a position by position breakdown of the 2006 Mean Green Football Team. We will project starters, give out sleeper predictions, highlight “players to watch,” and assess possibilities for the newcomers to fit into the mix. This will be a general forum posting, so everyone will be able to read and comment. Go Mean Green!

The release day schedule for our position breakdown is as follows:

(available articles are linked for your convenience)

DL - July 3

LB - July 7

CB - July 11

S - July 15

Special Teams (K/P/RET) - July 19

OL - July 23

TE - July 27

WR - July 31

RB - August 4

QB – August 8

Also, keep your eyes open for a huge feature length publication on one of North Texas’ most popular players. It will provide insight on the man behind the facemask, as well as give all fans a better idea of what goes into playing for the Mean Green. You’ll see what attitude and determination looks like personified. Who is it? Be sure to look for this article, out some time in Mid to Late August, to find out.

isn't this what the athletic department should be doing?  maybe we could turn some dirt at the new stadium site and they would get that hint too?

LoveMG, do you sit around and hit yourself with a stick all day?

We're all fully aware of your current dissatisfaction with the program. No need to remind us on every freakin' thread.

Sit back and enjoy some nice [not to mention free] insider coverage from our fellow Mean Green fans who run this forum and quit your damn bitching.

Well, as I've said before, whenever I start making preparations to go to a Texas and/or Oklahoma game, my wife offers (as a more economical and time-effecient alternative) to beat me with barbed wire. rolleyes.gif

Maybe being a North Texas fan is kind of like being Brother Silas (of the DaVinci code)

We're all fully aware of your current dissatisfaction with the program.  No need to remind us on every freakin' thread.

Sit back and enjoy some nice [not to mention free] insider coverage from our fellow Mean Green fans who run this forum and quit your damn bitching.

YES!!!...Thanks Pollock!!! And now, back to the real intent of the thread. Never too early to look at the upcoming Mean Green Players. Lots of questions to discuss, and maybe get some insight to boot... Works for me.

GMG!!!

We're all fully aware of your current dissatisfaction with the program.  No need to remind us on every freakin' thread.

Maybe the MG doesn't mean Mean Green - but menstrual griping?

That's getting deleted....

some of you so called fans have only high school like expectations for a major college program and that is what you have got.  you all need a kick in the rear to wake up and see we are hooterville compared to the other texas schools as far as athletics.

I'm not sure why you think that having the GMG guys giving us a write up/evaluation of every position for this years team is "High School-like".

Personally I don't care much for the pre-masticated releases/evaluations that most SID's put out.

I'm not sure why you think that having the GMG guys giving us a write up/evaluation of every position for this years team is "High School-like".

Personally I don't care much for the pre-masticated releases/evaluations that most SID's put out.

a local list is fine but the ad should put out their own for fans that do not know gmg. the quantity of athletic info to the general public from the ad is very small, that is what is high schoolish. the 20 people on here are not the only fans but may be soon

• 2 weeks later...