How about this for an HSO?

BIG DAWG

Everyone on this board is talking all of this stuff about how great J-Mo is, and how many award lists he is on, BUT how much is he really going to play?

Tell me when he has been proven to be durable? Tell me why you can count on him.

POTENTIAL is a dangerous word, it has bitten several people like a snake.

You had all better jump on the Devin Cox bandwagon, because he will have to be relied upon, and I believe he will have to be relied upon HEAVILY!

HSO: Devin Cox will lead this team in rushing in 2006

Really BIG HSO: He (Cox) will not eclipse the 800 yd mark

NOT a hater, just a realist.

Here's to hoping that I am terribly off-base.

Tell me when he has been proven to be durable?  Tell me why you can count on him. 

POTENTIAL is a dangerous word, it has bitten several people like a snake.

Proven to be durable? Led the nation in rushing in 2004 as a true freshman filling in for an injured Cobbs.

Why can I count on him? Filled in nicely for Cobbs in 04 running all over Colorado in his first start.

Potential is for people that haven't produced. J-Mo has and will for the next two years. Mark my words.

J Mo right now is in the best shape and is most healthy than he has ever been since coming to Denton. Barring injury during August camp he will lead this team for sure. Behind him will be another very tough, durable back in James Mitchell, who has been the strongest player in the weight room going on two years now. Cox is third string at best in the one back set.

What we had better hope for is that J Mo, or Mitchell or Cox or......(fill in name here) doesn't get injured in camp during one of those 5 hour, 480 play scrimmages we always have in August. That still just amazes me how we have anyone left come September?

Rick

Proven to be durable? Led the nation in rushing in 2004 as a true freshman filling in for an injured Cobbs.

You missed the point. He commented on durability, and you commented on performance. None of us question his ability, its his ability to start all 11 games. Look at how many games he missed in 2004, with a hammy issue. And that same hammy last year.

I am going to hope like hell that FF is right, and that Jamario has been taught the right conditioning techniques (we have a strenght and conditioning coach right) to last all season.

J Mo right now is in the best shape and is most healthy than he has ever been since coming to Denton.

How do you know this? His words? Trainers word?

If the hammy has healed fully I dare say J-Mo is unstoppable. (Unless of course we can't throw the ball and the opposing team puts 8-9 in the box like Southern Miss, then he's unstoppable up to 92 yards.)

You missed the point. He commented on durability, and you commented on performance. None of us question his ability, its his ability to start all 11 games. Look at how many games he missed in 2004, with a hammy issue. And that same hammy last year.

My point to a "T"

Yes, he led the nation in rushing, but he missed a lot of time that season as well.

Don't get me wrong here, I like J-Mo, and I wish him nothing but the best, I just don't know if I can count on him like so many of you are.

I just don't know if I can count on him like so many of you are.

There are no other choices. This team will rise and fall with his sucess; until other players prove that they can be game changers.

I hope like hell someone on the coaching staff figured out a conditioning program for him. He has NFL talent written all over him, and right now he has the biggest potential to change a game with every play he participates in.

With that being said, Jamario is playing the next two seasons for a paycheck. It will take to years (24 games) to overcome the deficiencies of teh Sun Belt in the eyes of the scouts. And I don't think I am the only perosn to think that. And with this in mind I think he will set his sights on the 2,000 yard mark.

My point to a "T"

Yes, he led the nation in rushing, but he missed a lot of time that season as well.

Don't get me wrong here, I like J-Mo, and I wish him nothing but the best, I just don't know if I can count on him like so many of you are.

I didn't miss the point, I don't understand it, and you missed my point. How can you say someone isn't durable when they run the ball 285 times for 1,872 yards and 17 TD's? If he wasn't durable he wouldn't have carried the ball 285 times in essentially 8 or 9 games.

The young man pulled a hamstring last year and some of you are labeling him as not being durable. Was there a need to rush him back to the field last year? No, not with PC healthy and in his senior year. I firmly believe that J-Mo's problems were a result of added weight, not being injury prone.

Again, please tell me how you are not durable when you run the ball 285 times in a season?

Southern Miss put 9 in the box and Scott Hall did not have any time thanks to that outside linebacker. Who was our Offensive coordiantor that day? He sucked but to the point J-Mo will have a fine year.

---You just hit one of my two biggest complaints... #1. we have often not adjusted to what the opposition is doing very well [which might meant we need to pass more in some games] and... #2 cut out these stupid useless penalities (especially unsportsmanslike) and show some discipline, these kill our drives and just keep our opponent's drives going.

---I can accept losing when we are the inferior team but not losng because of stupidity.

#2 cut out these stupid useless penalities (especially unsportsmanslike) and show some discipline, these kill our drives and just keep our  opponent's drives going.

This is COACHING!!!!! ohmy.gifohmy.gif

There appears to be no consequences for a STUPID penalty. Just ask our CB’s from last season. Neither one were punished (BENCHED) for unnecessary unsportsmanslike penalties.

This is COACHING!!!!! ohmy.gif  ohmy.gif

There appears to be no consequences for a STUPID penalty. Just ask our CB’s from last season. Neither one were punished (BENCHED) for unnecessary unsportsmanslike penalties.

--- I am 100% in agreement... that is largely the responsibly of the coaching staff to not tolerate that kind of non-sense. Our groups often seems to think it is funny or not meaningful..... it isn't... it costs us opportunities to win. Two huge factors that determine games are penalities and turnovers. Coach can't completely eliminate them but they can sure lower the numbers by their actions with the players involved. A lesser player can be the better player if he doesn't do that "stuff".

Edited by SCREAMING EAGLE-66