EA Sports NCAA Football is a RIPOFF.

gksmith

I can't afford an XBox, but a co-worker just said he was playing a full season with North Texas. He altered the schedule to play every top team they could: Nebraska, Notre Dame, et al. He went UNDEFEATED...

AND NO TOP 10 RANKING!!!. NEVER BROKE INTO THE TOP 10...EVER! What a RIPOFF!

For the record he did finish the season ranked 17th.

You know in real life if UNT Beats Texas in the first game...INSTANT TOP 10 RANKING!!!!

You know in real life if UNT Beats Texas in the first game...INSTANT TOP 10 RANKING!!!!

Really? Last season in real life TCU beat an OU team who played for a National Championship the year before and the next week only got ranked somewhere in the lower twenties or upper teens (don't quite exactly remember where). If the mean green somehow pulled off a victory against the longhorns I'd be delighted if they were ranked in the top twenty five as I think most would believe UT just blew it.

However, the mean green might get some respect, maybe, if they continue to win the rest of their games.

Edited by axis

It's very hard to win the national championship in the first few years of NCAA football...especially when you're still in the Belt.

Tell him to just keep plugging away, get in C-USA or the Mountain West, and the National Championship will be in Denton.

Beginning of the year rankings are based almost entirely upon team talent. I've won the national championship before with NT, and, since I was around a low B for overall talent, I didn't even place top 25 th next year.

Guest e-bone

That's the way the game has always been. Get off JV and play on a level where going undefeated against all the top programs in the nation isn't possible. That is the least realistic part about your buddies season.

ha, not a chance. NT could beat everyone on their schedule and still barely, if EVEN, crack the top 10. That would require some serious help from Akron, La Tech, and Tulsa- as in they would have to have winning seasons at the very least.

Now if NT went undefeated one year, the next year their rankings would reflect it, making the move towards the top 10 a little easier. (as in, it would be easier to go from #24 to #9 than it would be to go from #111 to anywhere near the top 10)

Everyone's right- preseason rankings are usually based on your player's skill levels, and even then, if you're still playing in the SBC or even in the CUSA, you're still hard-pressed to get a high ranking.

Highest I've ever gotten was #11, and that was after 14 seasons (after my first 4, I basically simmed about 3/4 of the games) and 5 BCS champs seasons.

So maybe an instant top 10 ranking after beating Texas is a far stretch in real life.

But still...any team that plays definately the toughest schedule against all the power houses in the country (no playing a 117 team as a break) and blow all of them out toward an undefeated season, you better be #1...even in the "video game" relm.

So maybe an instant top 10 ranking after beating Texas is a far stretch in real life.

But still...any team that plays definately the toughest schedule against all the power houses in the country (no playing a 117 team as a break) and blow all of them out toward an undefeated season, you better be #1...even in the "video game" relm.

If all he did was alter the schedule, then he still played mostly Sun Belt games (as you can't change conference games), and wouldn't have really played a difficult enough schedule. He would've had do a double-switch of sorts to put North Texas as an Independent (or SEC or Big 12 or whatever) otherwise, and still probably couldn't have played ALL the top teams (as the ones at the top on day 1 aren't the ones on the top at the end).

And I agree that if the person was looking for reality, they need to up the difficulty so that a schedule played with NT vs. all powerhouses would have you looking at a winless season, not an undefeated one.

I've gotten NT a #1 ranking. It doesn't happen often in the Sun Belt (and it definitely won't the first year). A #1 ranking in the game, as in real life, is hard to get. Sounds realistic to me.

I don't get it. I've been #1 with NT several times while playing in the Sun Belt. At the beginning of every season I look at the pre-season top 25 and schedule #1 and #3 as my first few games. Then I make sure to schedule #2 as my last game or close to last game of the season. One or maybe even two of these teams will usually have me as their only loss.

I've never done it in year one but by the end of year three or so I'm on top of the heap.