Marcus King

Sammy Sauls

I'm always on the lookout for some talent that might be a little bit under the radar. Trinity H.S. Receiver Marcus King might be a name worth remembering this year. If you haven't seen him play, here's a link to one of the local sites that has some good video on him. Would love to hear some feedback on this kid.

http://forums.insidehighschoolfootball.com...p?showtopic=294

I saw King play about 7 times last year. Physically, he was impressive, all of 6-2 with a muscular frame (not overly skinny) and room to put on weight. He didn't appear to have game breaking speed, or the ability to make big yards after the catch without being in the wide open field. But he was willing to go over the middle on a consistant basis and he does have at least the ability to make the spectacular catch. He was open a lot because of people over-playing Trinity's 4,000+ yard running game. He did drop a few passes in the open field, which is a bit concerning. If he has polished his game this coming season and is able to make some plays on his own he would definately become a hot commodity.

thanks! getting out -recruited by UTEP sucks. come to think of it, getting out-recruted by Rice also sucks.

No, getting out-recruited by K-State sucks. And that's where our Qb went. We had a scholarship for a Qb that we had been recruiting for a long time. And the kid up and decided to head to K-State (who also recruited a big time QB stud).

Just because a kid signed with another school doesn't mean we got out-recruited. And just because he wanted to come to UNT doesn't mean he is necessarily worth the scholarship...especially when we have other needs (like our very thin lines)

No, getting out-recruited by K-State sucks.  And that's where our Qb went.  We had a scholarship for a Qb that we had been recruiting for a long time.  And the kid up and decided to head to K-State (who also recruited a big time QB stud).

Just because a kid signed with another school doesn't mean we got out-recruited.  And just because he wanted to come to UNT doesn't mean he is necessarily worth the scholarship...especially when we have other needs (like our very thin lines)

both of the aforementioned schools took higher ranking recruiting classes than North Texas. Thats what I meant by "out-recruited"

No, getting out-recruited by K-State sucks.  And that's where our Qb went.  We had a scholarship for a Qb that we had been recruiting for a long time.  And the kid up and decided to head to K-State (who also recruited a big time QB stud).

Just because a kid signed with another school doesn't mean we got out-recruited.  And just because he wanted to come to UNT doesn't mean he is necessarily worth the scholarship...especially when we have other needs (like our very thin lines)

You left out the worst part of it, he went to KS as a gray shirt, with no ship and no absolute gurantee for one in the future.

thanks! getting out -recruited by UTEP sucks. come to think of it, getting out-recruted by Rice also sucks.

If you clicked on the link to read the story, you'd learn that the kid was ready to commit to Texas State before his dad talked him into going to UTEP.

I know nothing about Vittatoe's ability to play at D-1 level because I've never seen him play and I don't want to judge his passing ability on a couple of highlight clips amassed from an entire season (I'm sure I could find two good passes from Meager last season too). But, IF he is D-1 material, I sure hate the fact that Texas State was in his consideration list and North Texas was not.

I am not a college recruiter...but the most obvious thing about Vittatoe's high school career is that he was asked to do so little. The decision as to where the pass was going to go was alomst always made for him before he took the snap. He's never been asked to be a playmaker...only a facilitator who makes throws. I loved the way he handled the Trinity offense though, he was fun to watch.