7 verses 5........

The same deep down, angry voice within me, screeming for a tiny bit of reality to return to my eyesight, that same voice that kept yelling "What the @#$# are we doing" when after only down by 17 at TCU in the 3rd quarter with the ball at mid field and we run a draw play on 3rd and 9 which started the infamous "Throw the ball" chant at Amon Carter, that same voice returned again as I watched the NBa refs make damn sure Miami has every chance to win tonight.

This game tonight was changed the instant the mythical foul called against Wade on a layup after Dallas' 14 point lead, giving him his third straight trip to the line and another night in which he cannot be touched yet Dallas' PG's are being rubbed and pushed all over the place with few calls. It works against a team on a run and acts just like a time out. It takes the running team out of their rythem and immediately the Heat is able to turn it around.

You will never convince me otherwise that it's a pathetically biased called game.

Stackhouse sets his feet in the lane in the third quarter to draw a charge, gets run over and is called for another foul and all analyst Hubie Brown can say when they show the replay is "Stackhouse was in the forbidden zone there"?

Jason Terry is laid out on a layup block by Mourning, no call?

At the end Nowitzke is on the parameter in the zone, looking over his right shoulder away from the ball for the pick and Wade dribbles directly into him drawing the foul, putting him on the line to ice the game?

All individual events but adds up in the end.

Sickening, and why I never really got into the NBA in the first place, and probably never will, nor will I tune in to watch another final regardless of the circumstances or who is in it.

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick

There were three fouls on Wade that were terrible, but other than that, I thought tonight's game was very well called. Other than the second quarter, as good as you can ask an NBA game to be called. To me, tonight's game was much more fun to watch because it wasn't a Wade free throw parade, and except for 4, he earned them all.

I am into the NBA just because I love basketball. Every year I am reminded that the NBA is more WWF than the basketball I coach and play. I am still a Mavs fan and will follow the league, and will still get let down every year in the playoffs by the way the game is called and played. Hopefully, one day the Mavs will have the star getting the calls and all justice will be served. tongue.gif

I just pulled out the tape of game 3. (Yes, I know...time to get a Tivo and get away from VHS) If you have it recorded, go back and watch the beginning of the end. Start watching with about 8 or 9 minutes to go in the 4th. Watch closely, every possesion. If you can truly tell me that the game is not called differently when the Mavs have the ball and when the Heat have the ball, then I may watch more NBA next year.

Don't just watch the ball. Watch the players off the ball. The Heat are able to have good ball movement all throughout the games because if the Mavs touch them, the whistle blows. When the Mavs have the ball, it is like a football line of scrimmage yet the whistle does not blow.

I've watched this team all year long, and really I've gotten back into Mavs ball since Cuban bought the team. I thought we might see something truly special with this group. It is great to make the Finals, but something truly special would be to win the title. However, starting with Game 3, the Heat (with whatever help the could get) were able to make the Mavs look like the playoff failures from the last few years. I didn't think the Heat could do that, but they the Mavs off their rhythm and they never could truly get it back.

Thats a very good a post. If a dallas player looked at Wade wrong he would go to the line. Then you see stack or dirk get hacked and nothing is called. Seriously, I think one time i saw devon harris graze Wades jersey once and they called a foul on him.

I don't mind watching the mavericks lose to more talented teams, like in the past when we lost to the spurs, etc. because they just flat out beat us. Watching these past few games have really pissed me off because of:

1. The officiating

2. Shaq is a pretentious blockhead

3. People in Miami are assholes because they think they live in a tropical resort.

I can't go on, I'm going to do something less painful like stick my head in the oven.