Sioux on warpath

eulesseagle

Quick way to prove you are too dumb to engage in any conversation regarding the NCAA and the nickname battle is to assert that a school has made a change when it hasn't.

I will take the presumption that no geography majors were the bright lights who apparently confused Louisiana Monroe with Arkansas State regarding who changed nicknames.

As I stated earlier North Dakota's president is a lying SOB. Period. He told the NCAA that one the Sioux tribes in North Dakota supported the school's use of the name. THAT WAS A LIE.

One tribe was just flat opposed. The other several years ago was about to join in opposition and he cut a deal that UND would start an American Indian studies program and have a degree program in Native American history and in sociology. They would start a program on the reservation to provide tutors to help kids improve their scores on admission testing. They would start a scholarship program to help a certain number of kids as well as a graduate fellowship for someone to help record and document tribal history. Additionally they would not have a person dressed as Indian doing any representation of Indian dances and were to be limited in their logo usage. If UND would agree they would announce their support. The school made the promise.

Years later the only promise of all those that was kept was they offer a single class on the local tribes and it is only offered every few years.

A UND alum I know from a national association said that UND fans had gone so far as to call the governor's office to try to get the guy run off until he jumped to the front of the line with his rabble rousing about the NCAA, now they love him.

Yeah. He's a lying SOB

ArkStfan-

You may not personally like the President of UND, as by your statements of calling him a lying SOB, but the question is:

1. Do you support what he is doing, against the NCAA, for all the schools that have indian names??......now this is just a "yes" or "no" answer that does not require any of your personal feelings injected about the man's legitimate / illegitimate birth parents.

ArkStfan-

You may not personally like the President of UND, as by your statements of calling him a lying SOB, but the question is:

1.  Do you support what he is doing, against the NCAA,  for all the schools that have indian names??......now this is just a "yes" or "no" answer that does not require any of your personal feelings injected about the man's legitimate / illegitimate birth parents.

No I don't support it because it is not a legal battle he is likely to win. It smacks of Fabus style pandering. The NCAA rule is tightly tailored.

No I don't support it because it is not a legal battle he is likely to win. It smacks of Fabus style pandering. The NCAA rule is tightly tailored.

The NCAA rule is tightly tailored.

All this tells me is that you admire their legal work. I'm interested in knowing if you think that the NCAA has any business trying to dictate (or establish) political correctness or not.

Fabus style pandering.

You mean Steve Fabus? If so, I just have one question. Do they have bath houses at ND State?

Or perhaps you're talking about the former Governor of Arkansas. rolleyes.gif

Edited by SilverEagle