A need for Football

good_ken

Football can't seem to get here fast enough.  It's so bad that I just turned on the Rock, Paper, Scissors Championship.

I know what you mean... I watched "Must have Dog" last night. I know it's a "Chick-Flic", but John Cusak is a great actor. I especially liked it when the girl met him in the park, and things were going wrong, and it seemed like they would never fall in love... and, uh?........the girl, uh?... wanted.....??? What the hell am I doing? This is just great, next I'll be asking people if I look fat in this blouse?......BLOUSE??? If anyone hears me say that again, please shoot me.

I need Mean Green Football, NOW!!!!!! I popped in my New Orleans Bowl video from a few years ago, and I still yell "DREW, throw it....he's wide open!!!"...just before George Marshall drops that stinkin ball. Some things I guess you never quite get over? The NCAA 2007 Football comes out next month for XBOX 360. I think that will save me until practice begins in August. Until then, I think I'll watch Steel Magnolias. Julia Roberts is great in that. Uh huh....yeah.

GMG!!! unsure.gif

Until then, I think I'll watch Steel Magnolias. Julia Roberts is great in that. Uh huh....yeah.

GMG!!!  unsure.gif

Actually, I like Dolly's character better. I also liked Tom Skerritt's character.

You may or may not know this, but the movie was filmed in Natchitoches, LA (where the author of the play is from).....home of our former SLC rivals Northwestern State.

Also they really do have that Christmas river festival that is shown in the movie.

Med, I'd like to stop by your place sometime and check out NCAA 07 on the 360 whenever you get it. I'm getting mine for PS2, but I'd be curious to see how much better it supposedly looks. My understanding at this point is that next gen improvement has more to do with framerate, lower loading times, and more memory. That a fair assessment?

I'm concerned.  You watch "Must have Dog" and refer to John Cusak over Diane Lane? blink.gif

Hehe... yeah, it shows just how far gone I am. The movie was actually okay, but I'm one of those people who are willing to trade "acting" for "action". I know flying, sight-gag comedies (Naked Gun, Hot Shots, Holy Grail, etc...) and horror movies rarely win Oscars, but those are my normal choices.

Hey illuvius32, As for the 360 and games, I have noticed a major difference in the NBA basketball game graphics. Call of Duty2 and NCAA College hoops are almost the same as they were for the XBOX, but the new games are supposed to be better. I asked Brian at the Gamestop about the graphics for the new College Football, and he said the game play and graphics for the 360 would be amazing. ( he also said the instant replay is awsome) Here's hoping the game FINALLY has our fight song.

Countdown to Mean Green training camp is on..

GMG!!!

Med, I'd like to stop by your place sometime and check out NCAA 07 on the 360 whenever you get it.  I'm getting mine for PS2, but I'd be curious to see how much better it supposedly looks.  My understanding at this point is that next gen improvement has more to do with framerate, lower loading times, and more memory.  That a fair assessment?

Probably so. If Madden 2006 on the 360 looked much, much better and ran faster (despite missing 1/2 the features of the PS2/XB/GC versions), I'm pretty sure that the additional work time EA had would take care of the features and probably even ramp up the AI's capabilities.