PART OF THE SOLUTION or PART OF THE PROBLEM?

I didn't need a winning season to remind myself that I needed to not only renew my season tickets but to also ADD to them, so that is what I just did. My friend GGII reminded me today that we as an alumni base need to decide to be part of the solution not part of the problem, and it doesn't mean squat how we feel about some of the current leadership. Nothing will have a chance to EVER improve if we don't demand it ourselves through our pocket books.

Like Judge Joe says:

Join the Mean Green Club

Buy Season Tickets

GO MEAN GREEN

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick

Count me in as part of the solution. I upped my season tickets from 2 to 4. Admittedly, getting butts in two of those seats might be difficult if we start slow again. BUT I BELIEVE IN THE MEAN GREEN!!

Count me in as part of the solution.  I upped my season tickets from 2 to 4.  Admittedly, getting butts in two of those seats might be difficult if we start slow again.  BUT I BELIEVE IN THE MEAN GREEN!!

This program will not get to where we want it to be unless we fans, friends, alumni, students give CONSISTENT support. Even after UTEP had numerous losing seasons, they still had attendence that topped us. So, they were in position to attract a top coach and better conference.

For my part, I upped my Mean Green Club donation this year.

Part of the solution. Renewing my season tickets and MGC membership.

I can't understand why someone thinks that not renewing their season tickets will make a statement to the administration. All you're doing is continuing the old tradition that we're most (in)famous for.......apathy.

Do like me. If you don't like what's going on, then show up and make the people that you're unhappy with miserable.

We may have terrible sight lines at Fouts, but people can still hear you when you yell..... rolleyes.gif

Do like me. If you don't like what's going on, then show up and make the people "aware" that you're unhappy with miserable.

We may have terrible sight lines at Fouts, but people can still hear you when you yell..... rolleyes.gif

Yeah and distence is safety... only the best of us can actually hit the coaches with rotten fruit at that distence from the stands. biggrin.gif

just kidding...

Edited by SCREAMING EAGLE-66

This is my first year in the MGC. biggrin.gif

The past few years I have bought an extra season ticket to use to bring friends. Will continue that practice. Hopefully in the future I can afford to buy two extra tickets.

Looking forward to sitting in Sec. E with the other troublemakers. laugh.gif

Good post Rick... We are all part of the solution: I renew my same four E section seats every year, and give to the MGC. I started in 97 with two seats. Most of us do other things in throughout the year to be part of the positive image and support for this team. I think many of us are already a part of the solution. I'm right there with ya, brotha!!!

Didnt GG say he would attend any future home games while DD was head coach? How is that a part of the solution, exactly? Oh well...we will all be there!!!

GMG!!!

Do like me. If you don't like what's going on, then show up and make the people that you're unhappy with miserable.

No kidding Bill.. You were heard at least once. I know that much.

Hahahaha...

GMG!!!

just renewed my season tix today, added another one to the mix. talked a friend into ordering a pair as well... hell, if half the people on this board could talk a friend/graduate they knew that wasnt currently attending games into buying a pair of season tix, that would put ~2000 more people in the seats.

I told my boss I just renewed my tix for $105 bucks for BOTH seats and he was dumbfounded. As an A&M grad they "get" to pay like $75+ PER SEAT, PER GAME.

Yeah the product on the field sucked last year, but it cant suck forever. Id like to remain one of the ones that hung on through the rough year and all the OOC losses (beatings). When we finally have that breakthrough year, its gonna be sweeeet biggrin.gif

Anybody know when the UT tix will go on sale?

I paid for my UT tickets when I renewed my Mean Green Club and Season Tickets. They were $50. each. I was told they'd be mailed with my season tix.

Thanks to all of you that continue to support our University. Soooooo

Join the Mean Green Club

Buy Season Tickets

GO MEAN GREEN

Guest e-bone

It's great to see the die hards still sticking with the program even after last season. I know some of yall were there for the Big West days and hung in there, but now some recent grads who got a taste of a successful program are supporting as well.

It's interesting that we none of the people who do nothing but bash the coaches and whatnot haven't posted how they are continuing their support. Just curious what LoveMG and some of the others are doing wink.gif

Renewing season tickets, honoring capital campaign committment, will be at every home football game, and 2 away games, haven't missed a mens or womens basketball home game in three years. And yes, I would like to see a change in the way our football program is run. Hope of hopes is that current football coach can foster this change.

It's great to see the die hards still sticking with the program even after last season. I know some of yall were there for the Big West days and hung in there, but now some recent grads who got a taste of a successful program are supporting as well.

Big West days? Heck, some of us were around for the losses against SFA, Sam Houston, and Northwestern (La) St.

Bumping my season ticket purchase from 3 to 5 this year - also considering the MGC.

Support the kids - support your University.

Renewing season tickets, honoring capital campaign committment, will be at every home football game, and 2 away games, haven't missed a mens or womens basketball home game in three years.  And yes, I would like to see a change in the way our football program is run.  Hope of hopes is that current football coach can foster this change.

REVISED THURSDAY PM

(1) Dominate the SBC

(2) Beat at least one known OOC team annually (and a team that doesn't even have to be ranked in Top 25)

(3) Beat the 4'th ranked CUSA team in the NO's Bowl

(4) And do all this with a football program that rises above its present status or neighborhood and receives annual rankings as one of NCAA D1-A's Top 50 football programs and then Bobby Ray can just keep on extending those contracts.

And FWIW...........why would any NT alum and/or Mean Green football fan settle for less than the aforementioned? Would you prefer to a$$ist in under-writing a program similar to one that was turned around in less than 2 years like that "basketball" school out in El Paso or just keep on seeing us do the same things that keeps us getting the same results at an SBC/Bottom 10 co-existence; and of even more concern, whose results has the UNT fan/alumnus base split right down the middle?

Red Inks'ville: Used to have an old used car that I just kept on pumping (non-stop) good money after bad until one day I came to the stark realization that I was not really getting anywhere doing this. So the light bulb finally came on that I really needed to rid myself of the used car that I truly had an emotional attachment toward (if thats possible with an automobile) and just went out and bought a new car. I had the knowledge and good feeling that making payments on that new car was a wiser investment because I knew it would not present to me other added un-necessary or un-needed problems. I suppose I could have kept spending money on the old clunker, but what good would that have done other than persevering what I knew I already had in that used car?

We can dream, fantasize and join the "The Emporer's Clothes" (or whatever the title of that short story) crowd all we want, but when will the reality of what our situation really is finally rear its ugly head with those who still refuse to see it and are still telling "The Emporer" that they really do love his new clothes and what can they do to help him purchase even more? sad.gif

Just my .02 after about 3 1/2 decades of following this athletic program fairly close and also in that span of time observing what other NCAA D1 football programs do to turn their ships around.

PS: I, too, am proud to be a North Texas Ex and have steered many HS students that direction (& will continue to do so from my sector of education), but I am not proud of my alma mater when it seems to make decisions (mostly by non-UNT graduated employees we should all remind ourselves) that keep different departments of our alma mater mediocre at best or worse.

PS II: Check out the other thread on GMG.com of what UCF (Central Florida) is doing (and not just talking about doing) then ask yourselves if you really see this program with our present cast and present momentum being anywhere close (to what UCF is doing now) even in another 10 years in MG Country.

PS III: The season ticket tally happening on this thread is inspiring, but wouldn't it be better if UNT sold about 4,000 extra season tickets to new or casual fans (instead of the "always" usual group)? unsure.gif

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

Renewing season tickets, honoring capital campaign committment, will be at every home football game, and 2 away games, haven't missed a mens or womens basketball home game in three years.  And yes, I would like to see a change in the way our football program is run.  Hope of hopes is that current football coach can foster this change.

we renewed our season tix and MGC donation. we don't even think about it. it's always a done deal every year (win or lose) but this year we are hoping for 2 more tix for a total of 4 season tix. also, we continue donating to the capital campaign and our goal this year is to make every single women's basketball home game. they play hard and deserve just as much attention. i noticed this year (don't know why i never paid attention to this before) that women bb season tix price is like $50 for the entire season vs. $200 or $300 for the men (or something close to that). I want to see that change. Finally, my husband has been an important player in helping to restore the cannon and was responsible for the bell-tug (that big green thing with a bell on it parked in the corner of the stadium that no one can see because the university won't let it on the track). And, of course, I promote Mean Green spirit everywhere I drive my mean green cooper w/the green TX flag on the roof smile.gif

REVISED THURSDAY PM

(1)  Dominate the SBC

(2)  Beat at least one known OOC team annually (and a team that doesn't even have to be ranked in Top 25)

(3)  Beat the 4'th ranked CUSA team in the NO's Bowl

(4)  And do all this with a football program that rises above its present status or neighborhood and receives annual rankings as one of NCAA D1-A's Top 50 football programs and then  Bobby Ray can just keep on extending those contracts. 

And FWIW...........why would any NT alum and/or Mean Green football fan settle for less than the aforementioned?    Would you prefer to a$$ist in under-writing a program similar to one that was turned around in less than 2 years like that "basketball" school out in El Paso or just keep on seeing us do the same things that keeps us getting the same results at an SBC/Bottom 10 co-existence; and of even more concern, whose results has the UNT fan/alumnus base split right down the middle? 

Red Inks'ville:  Used to have an old used car that I just kept on pumping (non-stop) good money after bad until one day I came to the stark realization that I was not really getting anywhere doing this.  So the light bulb finally came on that I really needed to rid myself of the used car that I truly had an emotional attachment toward (if thats possible with an automobile) and just went out and bought a new car.  I had the knowledge and good feeling that making payments on that new car was a wiser investment because I knew it would not present to me other added un-necessary or un-needed problems.  I suppose I could have kept spending money on the old clunker, but what good would that have done other than persevering what I knew I already had in that used car?

We can dream, fantasize and join the "The Emporer's Clothes" (or whatever the title of that short story) crowd all we want, but when will the reality of what our situation really is finally rear its ugly head with those who still refuse to see it and are still  telling "The Emporer" that they really do love his new clothes and what can they do to help him purchase even more? sad.gif 

Just my .02 after about 3 1/2 decades of following this athletic program fairly close and also in that span of time observing what other NCAA D1 football programs do to turn their ships around.

PS:  I, too, am proud to be a North Texas Ex and have steered many HS students  that direction (& will continue to do so from my sector of education), but I am not proud of my alma mater when it seems to make decisions (mostly by non-UNT graduated employees we should all remind ourselves) that keep different departments of our alma mater mediocre at best or worse. 

PS II:  Check out the other thread on GMG.com of what UCF (Central Florida) is doing (and not just talking about doing) then ask yourselves if you really see this program with our present cast and present momentum being anywhere close (to what UCF is doing now) even in another 10 years in MG Country.

PS III:  The season ticket tally happening on this thread is inspiring, but wouldn't it be better if UNT sold about 4,000 extra season tickets to new or casual fans (instead of the "always" usual group)? unsure.gif

Plumm, I'm sorry to keep jacking you up, but this thread was about what you were going to do to help. It was not about what you think the school owes you.

Come on, you can't really be that selfish can you?

Okay, I'm ready. Start writing the same crap one more time for us. Can you please make it at least 4,000 words, though. I don't think any of us understand how you feel.