NORTH TEXAS NIGHT AT THE OUTLAWS ON JUNE 9

ntsumgspe

On June 9, the Outlaws will salute the University of North Texas with a special evening at their game versus the Euless Lonestars 7:30pm at Billy Ryan High School. Many UNT personalities will be in attendance, and fans can get more information on the upcoming North Texas Football season. Members of the Phi Mu Alpha Sinfonia fraternity will be in attendance to sing the National Anthem.

Best of all, all UNT students and alumni will get a special discounted ticket price of $2 per person. For more information, call (940) 382-9396 or e-mail ccrume@thedentonoutlaws.com.

So let's talk about the new NT/Outlaw baseball stadium deal that never came about, what happened? And recently I read another post about an announcment may be coming soon about NT baseball again? Too many rumors, not enough real information for this fan. dry.gif

So.... The outlaws will be playing at Ryan High School??? I guess that's another ball RV dropped here.  I thought we'd start seeing baseball stadium construction sometime this year.  rolleyes.gif

I don't think RV dropped the ball on this one. NT was only giving the land and upkeep in exchange for the Outlaws building the new stadium. I believe the Outlaws fell way short on funding and donation expectations; not hard to see why when they only draw ~500 per game for maybe 25 home games. I do fault NT for not trying to involve it's fans and donors into the cause if it would help us achieve a future team and stadium. dry.gif

I don't think RV dropped the ball on this one.  NT was only giving the land and upkeep in exchange for the Outlaws building the new stadium.  I believe the Outlaws fell way short on funding and donation expectations; not hard to see why when they only draw ~500 per game for maybe 25 home games.  I do fault NT for not trying to involve it's fans and donors into the cause if it would help us achieve a future team and stadium.    dry.gif

Wait a minute. I thought the latest news was that we would be able to build a stadium independent of the Outlaws??? That they wouldn't even be involved anymore...

Wait a minute.  I thought the latest news was that we would be able to build a stadium independent of the Outlaws???  That they wouldn't even be involved anymore...

I've never heard a proposal yet for NT to build it's own baseball stadium except for one being on the Eagle Point Master Plan. There has been reports/rumors from Vito in the DRC of NT looking into starting a varsity team in the near future, but again no stadium talk that I recall. It will be like football, yes we want to have a top-level college team, but not a top-level college venue. dry.gif