list of top seniors in Sun belt

cjones

It's that time again. Time to take a sneak peek at some of the better "senior" college football prospects for the upcoming season.

Today, we look at some of the top prospects from the Sun Belt Conference. As always, doing a list this short, we could not include all worthy players.

Don't expect a lot of these players to be drafted. But as always, several top Sun Belt prospects will likely emerge as legitimate NFL prospects. Huge Louisiana Lafayette offensive tackle Brandon Cox has been on the NFL's radar since his sophomore season. Speedy North Texas wide receiver Johnny Quinn doubles as track star for the Mean Green. Quinn will sort of remind fans of former ULL star Brandon Stokley, who's gone on to NFL fame and fortune.

QB Josh Padrick ~ Florida International

RB Eugene Gross ~ Middle Tennessee State

FB Aaron Sanchez ~ Florida Atlantic

WR Johnny Quinn ~ North Texas

WR Smokey Hampton ~ Troy State

TE Samuel Smith ~ Florida International

C Tanner Jenkins ~ Arkansas State

OL Nello Faulk ~ Florida Atlantic

OG Dylan Lineberry ~ North Texas

OT Germayle Franklin ~ Middle Tennessee State

OT Brandon Cox ~ UL Lafayette

DE Anthony Hills ~ UL Lafayette

DE Antwan Barnes (OLB) ~ Florida International

DT Marshall Delesdernier ~ UL Lafayette

LB J.K. Sabb ~ Middle Tennessee State

LB Devrett Wade ~ Arkansas State

LB Keyonvis Bouie ~ Florida International

S Brannon Condren ~ Troy State

S Kevin Payne ~ ~ UL Monroe

CB Quincy Skinner ~ Florida Atlantic

CB Michael Adams ~ UL Lafayette

DB Troy Pindell ~ Florida Atlantic

Quinn will sort of remind fans of former ULL star Brandon Stokley, who's gone on to NFL fame and fortune.

Funny... that's EXACTLY the comparison that I got from one NFL scout last year during two-a-days.

I'd be shocked if he wasn't taken. In terms of skills, ability, work ethic, and character, the guy is a day one prospect. Think about it. What would you add to his game? Maybe you'd give him one or two extra inches of height. Maybe you'd give him a few more hundredths of a second on his 40. But past that? What more could you want in a prospect?

Unfortunately, though, sometimes smaller school players free fall. In which case, he'll be the steal of the draft in the later rounds.

Funny... that's EXACTLY the comparison that I got from one NFL scout last year during two-a-days.

I'd be shocked if he wasn't taken.  In terms of skills, ability, work ethic, and character, the guy is a day one prospect.  Think about it.  What would you add to his game?  Maybe you'd give him one or two extra inches of height.  Maybe you'd give him a few more hundredths of a second on his 40.  But past that?  What more could you want in a prospect? 

Unfortunately, though, sometimes smaller school players free fall.  In which case, he'll be the steal of the draft in the later rounds.

True...but I get the feeling that a guy like Quinn would really impress people during the combine and individual workouts. I would be shocked if he was not drafted next year.