Volunteer to staff tables in DFW Malls...

First, organize a committee of volunteers to (1) Contact all Malls and other venues throught Dallas, Tarrant, Ellis and Denton Counties. (2) Talk to the Mall Managers and ask for a space for a month in each mall, to set up a Mean Green Decorated Table (trade show booth). Ask for access to an electrical outlet.

Next, put together all the signage for all tables to be set up. Most of this material can be donated. I've done it, first when I worked for Hayden Fry, and also when we were gaining momentum to return to 1-A football (1994) with a full blown trade show exhibit for a month at Golden Triangle mall. Many on this board might remember that booth.

So, let's get the volunteer effort going. And, by the way...

on another topic...for the SMU game, everyone attending supporting NT should each bring a rope with a noose on one end to lasso the Ponies, or should we somehow manage to lose to SMU...we can use the ropes to hang....well you know who I'm talking about!

Go! Mean Green!

I've always thought this should be done at all the local festivals.  Anybody and everybody has a booth at those things.  You know, Main St. Days in Grapevine, Arbor Days in Euless, Taste Addison, Wildflower in Richardson, etc.

nice idea and it should be done but it won't. we would probably have enough volunteers to cover all those events plus some and area malls too but one thing is missing so it will not happen. no support for it from the inside. why do fans have all the ideas?

There are normally players at every one of those local celebrations. It is the fans that need to be notified of the exact time and day of the event (in advance) so that we can show up and help in any way possible (bottled water, help passing out schedule cards, wireless laptops to help people sign up for season tikets on the spot, etc...)

There are normally players at every one of those local celebrations.  It is the fans that need to be notified of the exact time and day of the event (in advance) so that we can show up and help in any way possible (bottled water, help passing out schedule cards, wireless laptops to help people sign up for season tikets on the spot, etc...)

What you are suggesting isn't rocket science. It also isn't very expensive. What is the Athletic Department's excuse?

What you are suggesting isn't rocket science.  It also isn't very expensive.  What is the Athletic Department's excuse?

I've seen a table at a few events and at the mall - not the big name ones though (Taste of Addison, Wild Flower.) I've also seen about 5 people visit them in the span of 6 hours. They were passing out schedule cards, window stickers, and bumper stickers.

Booths aren't expensive at those larger events, are they? Do any other colleges display there - I didn't see any?

Maybe we need a JQ kissing booth or holiday time missle toe belt buckle?