Latest Burbas Cup Standings

In the 80's our mens soccer program consistantly made the playoffs and split with the ponies every year. The walk on program was huge. There are very few scholarships available in Texas which is why places like Midwestern have strong programs. With the wealth of youth tallant in the metroplex it is an absolute no brainer that we should bring back the mens program.

Add womens fieldhockey and bring back soccer. Because of the numbers, we will have a much better chance of success with a soccer program over baseball.

Go Gunners

Sun Belt doesn't sponsor men's soccer.

I thought they were fixing to with addition of FAU, maybe I read that they would like to in the near future.

I know in Men's Swimming/Diving Sun Belt added S. Illinois recently as an affiliate member.

I thought they were fixing to with addition of FAU, maybe I read that they would like to in the near future.

I know in Men's Swimming/Diving Sun Belt added S. Illinois recently as an affiliate member.

I beleive that FIU & maybe Denver are the only Sun belt schools that sponsor men's soccer teams. FIU's men's team plays in CUSA.

Add womens fieldhockey and bring back soccer. Because of the numbers, we will have a much better chance of success with a soccer program over baseball.

But baseball is a Spring Sport, where NT has needs exposure. It would also be a crowd favorite and there is enough Div. 1 talent in the Metroplex and Texas where the recruiting would not be a problem. smile.gif

Sun Belt sponsored sports

MEN'S SPORTS

Baseball

Basketball

Cross Country

Football

Golf

Swimming & Diving

Tennis

Track (Indoor)

Track (Outdoor)

WOMEN'S SPORTS

Basketball

Cross Country

Golf

Soccer

Softball

Swimming & Diving

Tennis

Track (Indoor)

Track (Outdoor)

Volleyball

The answer imo is not adding more sports to dilute the funding even more, it is to do better in the sports that you do have. Only WKU has more sports so NT already has an advantage on many of the Belt schools. Last place finishes in softball, football and men's basketball plus bad performances in tennis and swimming are the problems.

I am not to excited about the addition of baseball for this reason. Even though it would be great to have a team, I don't see were the funding is going to come from other than from other sports budgets.