Rick, you made my day.

Microxot

I left Thursday night to take the family on a 3 day vacation in Galveston. I became extremely sick, the food at Willey G's was bad, the weather sucked, kid was whining that all he wanted to do was go home, oh and my wife hurt her back (about the only good thing was the traffic and no tickets).

We pulled up to the front of the house and there was a box on the front porch. My Mean Green hitch came in! Looks really really sweet on my Tundra (Chrome is the way to go!). If only I could have had it on the truck for the trip. Im sure It would have been noticed. Way too many aTm and UT emblems and not enough NT.

Rick, you ough to show these to the University, I would be that they'd sell. (It is kinda of neat to have something hardly anybody has!).

Again, thanks for having something nice on my doorstep at the end of a Hellish vacation.

Burl

...There is hardly anything worse than spending money on a vacation and having it turn out the way that you just described...

Thanks...

I look at it this way. At least it was a 3 day vacation that got messed up (only lost one night hotel fees, so I don't feel too bad). and I we didn't have any wrecks or any speeding tickets. So it could have been worse....

Thanks Rick. I'd still like to have one if anybody ever decides to make one. I really am impressed with the chrome mean green. I went out and looked at it again this morning (bought a lock, know it won't last if I don't have a lock on there) and really am impressed with the quality.

If you ever do another order, I may have to buy one for Rich and ship it to him up there in Seattle. (or give it to him as a Christmas present)

I left Thursday night to take the family on a 3 day vacation in Galveston.   I became extremely sick, the food at Willey G's was bad, the weather sucked, kid was whining that all he wanted to do was go home, oh and my wife hurt her back (about the only good thing was the traffic  and no tickets).

We pulled up to the front of the house and there was a box on the front porch.   My Mean Green hitch came in!   Looks really really sweet on my Tundra (Chrome is the way to go!).   If only I could have had it on the truck for the trip.  Im sure It would have been noticed.  Way too many aTm and UT emblems and not enough NT.

Rick, you ough to show these to the University, I would be that they'd sell.  (It is kinda of neat to have something hardly anybody has!).

Again, thanks for having something nice on my doorstep at the end of a Hellish vacation.  

Burl

If you can, next time check with some of us coastal beach bums before you spend mucho money on crappy food at Willie G's and other tourist type places. Island Eagle is from Galveston and probably knows of other more worthy restaurants to spend you money - and not get sick! ph34r.gif

Edited by DeepGreen

If you can, next time check with some of us coastal beach bums before you spend mucho money on crappy food at Willie G's and other tourist type places.  Island Eagle is from Galveston and probably knows of other more worthy restaurants to spend you money - and not get sick! ph34r.gif

Willie G's is for the gullible tourists. There are lots of better places to go. If I'd known you were coming I would have given you info. on where all the locals go.

My family and I are going to Galveston next week for 5 days.  We've gone the past 4 years and have some restaurants that we go to every time.  Haven't tried Willy G's and now maybe we won't, but I'd be interested in any suggestions for food/entertainment.

Haven't been in a few years but Gaido's/Guidos (sp) used to serve some tasty Texas blue crab claws. May not be in season right now. (seems like the last time I was there was in August)

...kind of like Joe T. Garcia's in Fort Worth.

As all of you from the FW/Tarrant County area would know, you couldn't go wrong by planning a night out at Uncle Julios. Best fajitas in the area IMHO.

Haven't been to Joe T's in a while, but remember when one of their turquoise-colored margaritas could sure give you a quick buzz and 2 of em' would put some under the table. rolleyes.gif

Growing up on the golden Gulf Coast of Texas I can remember the huge replica of a crab on the roof of Guidos. Food at Guidos was good back in the 1960's and a place called the San Jacinto Inn (near the Bolivar Ferry) sure served up some good fried chicken, too.

Any of you Houston area alums/fans remember Bill Bennett's (or was it Bill Williams?) Restraunts? They had 1 or 2 in Houston and 1 in Rosenberg, Texas, as I recall. It was where our football team would have many post-game meals heading back home on those Friday nights (and all expenses covered by our high school coffers).

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

As all of you from the FW/Tarrant County area would know, you couldn't go wrong by planning a night out at Uncle Julios.  Best fajitas in the area IMHO.

Haven't been to Joe T's in a while, but remember when one of their turquoise-colored margaritas could sure give you a quick buzz and 2 of em' would put some under the table. rolleyes.gif

Growing up on the golden gulf coast of Texas I can remember the huge crab on the roof of Guidos.  Food was good back in the 1960's and a place called the San Jacinto Inn sure served up some good fried chicken, too.

Any of you Houston area alums/fans remember Bill Williams Restraunts?  They had 1 or 2 in Houston and 1 in Rosenberg, Texas, as I recall.  It was where our football team would have many post-game meals (and all expenses covered by our high school coffers).

If you like fajitas Plumm, might I suggest Cristina's Mexican Food. There's one over on Round Grove in Lewisville, and another in Westlake that I know of. Even my mother-in-law, who dislikes Mexican food, loves their fajitas.

If you like fajitas Plumm, might I suggest Cristina's Mexican Food. There's one over on Round Grove in Lewisville, and another in Westlake that I know of. Even my mother-in-law, who dislikes Mexican food, loves their fajitas.

agree, cristinas is pretty good stuff.

man this thread has derailed, but I'll add to it...

best fajitas in the Houston area can be found at one of the Lupe Tortillas. Get the beef. you wont be able to eat it all, but you'll be glad you tried

Edited by Eagle1855

Guest JohnDenver

There is a new Christina's in Plano on the Carrollton border at the Midway|Park (Hebron) intersection.

Since I brought up Carrollton, there is a place named Agave Azul on Frankford and I-35 that I frequent. Their fajitas are the tops ... hands down.

Actually the best Fajita's in the metroplex are at "SilverEagles". After I cooked my first batch ever, my wife never ordered them again from a Mexican restaurant. I make Chicken and Pork only.

Best Mexican food in Tarrant Co.

Uncle Julio's

El Paseo (Jacksboro Hwy)

Mexican Inn on Camp Bowie and/or 8th Ave.

El Asadero (North Main)

'The Original" on Camp Bowie

Upscale, The Blue Mesa Grill

Very upscale, Lanny's Alta Cocina

Edited by SilverEagle

Actually the best Fajita's in the metroplex are at "SilverEagles".  After I cooked my first batch ever, my wife never ordered them again from a Mexican restaurant. I make Chicken and Pork only.

Uncle Julio's

El Paseo (Jacksboro Hwy)

El Asadero (North Main)

So when's dinner? biggrin.gif

Actually the best Fajita's in the metroplex are at "SilverEagles".  After I cooked my first batch ever, my wife never ordered them again from a Mexican restaurant. I make Chicken and Pork only.

Uncle Julio's

El Paseo (Jacksboro Hwy)

El Asadero (North Main)

Bill, I know the perfect place you can bring some of those "SilverEagle's" fajitas and that happening on May 20'th (if you get my drift). cool.gif

Joe T's is good for about 2 visits a year, that first spring day and the first cool (80) fall day.

Silver...I was at my neighborhood bar with the wife on Friday, looking at Mex Inn and wondering who these people were that were going in there. I try it out about once every 5 years and remember why it has been so long. Ate at Benitos instead and it was great.

Eat at Fuzzys Tacos, it is owned by an NT grad, and the Ck and Fish tacos are excellent.

GMG

Uncle Julio's

El Paseo (Jacksboro Hwy)

El Asadero (North Main)

SilverEagle's listing of "The Original" (Mexican Inn) just off the brick portion of Fort Worth's famous Camp Bowie Boulevard (& not far from UNT-HSC) brought back many memories and used to be a regular stop for me and friends.

Back then I knew the owners (a husband and wife team). Have no idea who owns that eatery today as I haven't been there in awhile........BUT one of my favorite entrees I almost always ordered was called the "Roosevelt Special" named in honor of FDR's son, Elliott Roosevelt, who along with his Fort Worth family used to be regulars at "The Original" back in the day.

Just for the record, I became sick due to a sinus infection (and Im still down and out. Doc won't let me go back to work until Wednesday thank goodness).

Also, In the past, we've had excellent food from Willey G's. I got the house special one time that had shrimp so big, I thought it was small lobsters!

Also, for lunch time, I love the fish club sandwich at Fish Tales.

If you work in Forth Worth, might I suggest Theresa's Dixie House cafe on Belknap St. Daily specials are excellent.

SilverEagle's listing of "The Original" (Mexican Inn) just off the brick portion of Fort Worth's famous Camp Bowie Boulevard (& not far from UNT-HSC) brought back many memories and used to be a regular stop for me and friends. 

It's a good 15 minutes up the boulevard because of all the lights. "Close" is not a word I would use to describe the distance from Mexican Inn to the UNT-HSC.

Sorry guys but I have to disagree with all of you when it comes to fajitas. You can have the best fajitas in the world in your back yard. Try going to the "La Michoacana" and buy already marinated fajita meat and grill it at home. I guarantee that you will not be disappointed. La Michoacana stores are small Latino grocery stores with a butcher shop inside of them. There are 14 of them in Dallas, you can google it for the closest one to you. I've bought the meat and several locations they seem to all be the same.

I have to warn you, once you have these anything else will be a dissapointment.