I told Margie tomorrow is Draft Day!

my wife has so much brain power, and she's beautiful and I love her. However, I am stunned at how she perceives things. Draft day confuses her.

Draft day used to scare 18 year olds when they had to register for the draft. Now, The NFL offers up millions of dollars in signing bonuses to the one's they select.

For me, I'll be glued to my TV set awaiting our bountiful seniors being selected in the first round. The Cowboys have the 18th pick in the first round. Who will they select?

Meanwhile, I'll just be glad my wife hasn't tried to poison me in my sleep!

Ok! Damnit, don't you go encouraging her!

The Cowboys have the 18th pick in the first round. Who will they select?

My guess: Jason Allen FS Tennessee. We need help at that position. But according to ESPN radio, J. Jones is also considering a WR (Santonio Holmes Ohio State). Don't know why we would go after a WR since we have T.O!

What do you guys think?

Well, the Texans just passed on Bush, so anything can happen.

ugh. This annoys me greatly, and probably screws up everyone's mock drafts. Is it a need? probably. But you just dont see players like Bush every year. Hopefully this turns out better than Casserly's other "gems" (who is being let go after the draft, why you keep someone on is beyond me). They sure havent made it easy to be a Texans fan the last 4 years...

Edited by Eagle1855

----I think Houston did the right thing. They also pick #33, #65, and #66.. and should be able to get some offensive lineman. Bush may be great but he would not turn that club around.... Buffalo had OJ and sucked during that era despite the fact he was considerd one of the best.. Later Detroit was awful as well and they had Barry Sanders and there wasn't anyone better at that time. The Giants had LT and a so-so offense and won.

----I think Houston did the right thing. They also pick #33, #65, and #66.. and should be able to get some offensive lineman.  Bush may be great but he would not turn that club around....  Buffalo had OJ and sucked during that era despite the fact he was considerd one of the best..  Later Detroit was awful as well and they had Barry Sanders and there wasn't anyone better at that time.  The Giants had LT and a so-so offense and won.

Almost true. Who is the Pepper Johnson on the Texans roster? The Leonard Marshall? The Carl Banks? LT was not a one-man defense. In addition can you tell me that there is a QB on the Texans roster who knows how to win like Phil Simms? Is Davis the kind of back that Otis Anderson was? Where is the tight end like Mark Navarro? My point is that Mario Williams is a great player but he won't significantly upgrade that team.