Who will have more fun, September 2nd?

This is a tough one to call, for me! I believe we will give Texas more ofa fight than we've done our last two trips to Austin. On the other hand, Texas Tech may bomb SMU (The Mustangs aren't a really good road team, and Texas Tech likes to open "big").

The only times Texas Tech hasn't done well in their home games was the three straight wins The Mean Green had over them in 88, 97, and 99. In fact, we did it with three different head coaches. Sorta like "coaching by committee."

I don't think the Texas QB will have ANY experience.

The Tech QB has quite of bit and played in many games last year. Okie State defeated Tech last year by making sure the Tech RB had no success catching or running....and won. The RB will be new and is the key, not the QB.

I don't expect the Texas offensive backfield to be near as good as last year at least at first. I really don't know how much offensive line is left... it may be good enough for almost anyone to do well. That is a problem. Their defensive line just ran through ours offensive line last time like it did not exist. I have no idea how to "read" this game other than I am not expecting a win and am hoping we can keep it reasonable. After all, they were the National Champion..... I just know strange things happen (fumbles, goofy interceptions, runbacks, blocked kicks etc.) I am hoping for a near miracle. Remember TCU lost only one game... to lowly SMU.... No one expected it.

Edited by SCREAMING EAGLE-66