I saw a WarHawk today while walking.....

I put on my binoculars to get a better look...yet, not a really ugly bird...but the entire belly of this bird was YELLOW!

Now I know why Louisiana-Monroe picked this as their mascot. I understand they also considered the name "Bluebonnets" but were forced to reconsider because their dancing bimbos are called the "War Bonnets."

My bad!

Guest Aquila_Viridis

That yellow you saw was actually gold. And that was a wild turkey you saw, not a hawk; hence that is why they are really the Golden Gobblers after all. It is all clear to me now. This mystic vision you experienced bears out my own premonition. The rituals of both the ancient Indian peoples of NORTHEASTern Louisiana and the present indigenous primitive peoples there involve heavy use of hallucinogens, and that is why they mistook a turkey for a hawk.

Edited by Aquila_Viridis

That yellow you saw was actually gold. And that was a wild turkey you saw, not a hawk; hence that is why they are really the Golden Gobblers after all. It is all clear to me now. This mystic vision you experienced bears out my own premonition. The rituals of both the ancient Indian peoples of NORTHEASTern Louisiana and the present indigenous primitive peoples there involve heavy use of hallucinogens, and that is why they mistook a turkey for a hawk.

Well, you are so right! Everytime I drive to Monroe for a game against The Golden Gobblers, I also realize that I am arriving in a town called the Mesquito Capital of The World. ULM even offers a degree in "Mesquito Technology."

I really don't want to poke fun at them, but it's so hard not too!

ULM isn't named after a bird they are named after a WW2 plane, but i do believe NT is the one named after a bird. what is up with the green eagle. never saw one of those before.

Let's see now...Mean Green Eagles fly over Groansboro every other year. Groansboro, Arkansas...that hillbilly hamlet where the only stipulation to become Arkansas State Cheerleaders is the ability to slide down a slippery muddy slope on each other's backs into the quagmire that is the sideline. Oh, wow!

Go! Mean Green!!!!! Take The Indians down!!!!!