Mean Green Promotions? Updates?

No panic here. I've checked my computer regularly. I'm checked my mail every day. I am excited about the fact that we still play D-1A football at North Texas. I want to know what's new...what are our helmets going to look like this fall. Can we have an updated online newsletter? Do we already have one?

I keep thinking, why even post this?

Anyway, Go! Mean Green! Yea!

Uni's and helmets are the exact same as last year.

Rick

So if they're not changing the color of the football uniforms, why the heck did we change the official green of the university? My understanding was that we were changing the color in part so that our teams would look better on TV. Now we're going to have the Green Brigade, cheerleaders, and Dance Team in one color, and the football team in another. I don't know which green to wear! blink.gif

So if they're not changing the color of the football uniforms, why the heck did we change the official green of the university? My understanding was that we were changing the color in part so that our teams would look better on TV. Now we're going to have the Green Brigade, cheerleaders, and Dance Team in one color, and the football team in another. I don't know which green to wear!  blink.gif

Hmm, I was under this impression as well. I wonder if Dr.Pohl leaving has anything to do with staying with last years uniform? Or is that RV's call?

Hmm, I was under this impression as well. I wonder if Dr.Pohl leaving has anything to do with staying with last years uniform? Or is that RV's call?

Perhaps it is $$$$. All new unis with pants and helmets probably is pretty costly. We are poor.

Perhaps it is $$$$.  All new unis with pants and helmets probably is pretty costly.  We are poor.

Well that makes sense. NT buys new uniforms last year knowing a new color was about to be unveiled. Why not wait one year and buy in the new color or jump the gun a little a buy in the new color last year?

Well that makes sense.  NT buys new uniforms last year knowing a new color was about to be unveiled.  Why not wait one year and buy in the new color or jump the gun a little a buy in the new color last year?

Well it is a good question, especially considering the black pants (which I like......that is a different thread). Those black pants probably weren't cheap. I don't think the uniforms (tops) are the problem, as I can't imagine that those aren't new each year. I would imagine it would be the helmets and pants.

No panic here. I've checked my computer regularly. I'm checked my mail every day. I am excited about the fact that we still play D-1A football at North Texas. I want to know what's new...what are our helmets going to look like this fall. Can we have an updated online newsletter? Do we already have one?

very little real communication with fans since last year

Well that makes sense.  NT buys new uniforms last year knowing a new color was about to be unveiled.  Why not wait one year and buy in the new color or jump the gun a little a buy in the new color last year?

There is a reason why we bought the uni's in the color that we did, last year and it pertains to merchandising. As I was told, the AD dept didn't even get the final word on what logo's to push onto the shelves until late spring, early summer. Our uni's were ordered in March. The offiical unveiling didn't happen until April. So I imagine the reason to go with the same uni's this year as last year was due to cost. It would be very costly to change again in one year. So unless something has changed since the spring game, everything will be the same as last year. The manufacturer also told me today that the color will be the same.

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick