Texas HS allstar Football game roster June, 2006

OldTimer

http://texasprepxtra.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=533112

North Squad:  Victor Gill TE Argyle

Clint Stoffels OL/DL Gainesville

South Squad:  Bo Hurley, Clements Scheltz

Bo Hurley is from Schertz Clemens, Scott Hall's alma-mater, down by San Antonio. Not Clements.

as far as i knew, victor was getting a scholarship... things may have changed from the last time we talked, but thats what i understood.

GMG!!!

He was one of our prospects, was not offerred a ship at signing day, but hopefully you are correct that he has one now.

It would have been nice to have signed the other two also. To a non coach they looked like pretty good players.

Edited by OldTimer

Guest GrayEagleOne

He was one of our prospects, was not offerred a ship at signing day, but hopefully you are correct that he has one now.

It would have been nice to have signed the other two also. To a non coach they looked  like pretty good players.

I don't understand our not offering Hurley. He was highly rated, attended our camp and I believe that we were the only Texas school that he showed interest. The other schools were quality academic universities such as Stanford so I don't think that grades were the problem. If he has decided to quit football then why would he go to summer camps or accept an offer to play in an all-star game? Did he decide to go out of state?

Stoffels got into the mix later so I can understand to some degree why he might not have been offered. But, in my opinion, some of those signed had lesser ability.

BTW, what happened to the old philosophy of loading up on tight ends?

Nathan Mann. the all everything LB for Pflugerville Connally, playing for the South team has not signed with anyone either.

I don't understand our not offering Hurley.  He was highly rated, attended our camp and I believe that we were the only Texas school that he showed interest.  The other schools were quality academic universities such as Stanford so I don't think that grades were the problem.  If he has decided to quit football then why would he go to summer camps or accept an offer to play in an all-star game?  Did he decide to go out of state?

Stoffels got into the mix later so I can understand to some degree why he might not have been offered.  But, in my opinion, some of those signed had lesser ability.

I don't understand our not offering Hurley.  He was highly rated, attended our camp and I believe that we were the only Texas school that he showed interest.  The other schools were quality academic universities such as Stanford so I don't think that grades were the problem.  If he has decided to quit football then why would he go to summer camps or accept an offer to play in an all-star game?  Did he decide to go out of state?

Stoffels got into the mix later so I can understand to some degree why he might not have been offered.  But, in my opinion, some of those signed had lesser ability.

Bo Hurley signs with Dartmouth College

I'm with GrayEagle, I don't think grades are a problem, but the kid looks like Baby Huey.

Stoffels signed with Southeastern Oklahoma. Celina QB Nathan Tune said in an article in the Sherman Herald Democrat that he will walk on at UNT.

I believe you have your Gainesville offensive lineman confused. Robert Westbrook signed with Southeastern Oklahoma.

My understanding is that NT told Stoffles that if he was two inches taller he would of been offered. His plans at this time is to become a preferred walk-on at Texas Tech.