April Ask The Commissioner

MeanGreen61

April edition.

http://sunbeltsportstv.nmnathletics.com/Vi...CRIBER_CONTENT=

ph34r.gifph34r.gifph34r.gif

Coyote Frank:

Dear Commissioner, How long is your term? Can the schools in the conference run someone against you for job? I think you are to old to shake the boat with the conference by adding new teams for football and keeping the same old teams that refuse to complete at 1A football level but they receive a full share of the revenue without the football outlay. Why is it your former commissioner with confrence USA moved to SEC after he changed the conference generating more money and tv deals?We need a new youger commissioner who has 21st century thinking.You have done a good job but your ideas for the future are outdated.

Commissioner Waters:

I have a five-year contract that always maintains five years; I serve at the pleasure of the 13 presidents in the league. Frank, I have been accused of a lot of things over the years, too candid, too aggressive, too opinionated, I have been called a calculated risk taker, but never too old. Guess this year after the storm aged me more than I thought. By the way Mike Slive is 8 years older than I am, but who is counting? Hopefully not our wives. Mike did a great job with CUSA and was an ideal fit for the SEC to replace Roy Kramer.

ph34r.gifph34r.gifph34r.gif Muts pickin' on poor WKU ph34r.gif

Danielle:

I was just wondering if there was a code of conduct for the host team, staff, bands, cheerleaders. because i know the members of the host team(mtsu) were very rude to visiting teams and took extra care in it when it came to wku to vulger and classless if anyone at wku would have acted like the when sunbelt was there we got lectured and i know that if sat behind mtsu's band and called the goat F******s we would no longer be members of the band. i have heard say theat they would never go to mtsu for anything again after how the support groups treated people.

Commissioner Waters

: There is a code of conduct that extends to cheerleaders and pep bands. There is no place in athletics for the language you suggest. Unfortunately no one has a monopoly on this type of behavior, and if we are going to advance the league, we must look to each school to clean up sportsmanship problems. It is not an issue in which the conference office should be the first line of defense. Every school and every fan should want to represent their school in a first class manner. When the conference gets involved, it is usually because a school has not done their job and has to be reminded of their responsibility.

Edited by MeanGreen61